An indication Westwood is off?

11 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Or....

If he is going. Wouldn't he be begging to play in the last game at Hillsborough as he has said hes a Wednesday fan for life previously.

There is that.

Sunday will be a final goodbye to the Pudil, Lee, Hooper etc.

Make sense theb it would be Westwood's too. 

Think it’s important we try and get both Dawson and Wildsmith out on loan next season. Both have huge potential but need to be playing at there age now and neither are quite good enough for a promotion push next season. 

Hopefully we keep Westwood and sign a cheap experienced back up.

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bruce has kept going for the play offs up until it wasn’t possible. He’s said this all week and confirmed this was the mentality ahead of kick-off. Westwood plays if he isn’t going in my opinion.

Why would he not play his best keeper if he was available as playoffs were still possible then?

2 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Westwood will be offered a new contract and he will be our goalkeeper next season. I’m 95% certain of this. 

I don't think he will, I'm 95.1% certain of this.

Do I get a prize?

Guest everydays_wednesday
3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-chief-steve-bruce-on-joe-wildsmith-and-the-reason-behind-keiren-westwood-s-absence-against-preston-north-end-1-9736139

I’m sure if we were close to agreeing a deal with Westwood he would have been involved yesterday. Bruce has always tried to play his strongest eleven since he’s been here. 

Huge shame as I don’t think Dawson or Wildsmith are anywhere near his level. 

Would be a great shame if he went.

i would have serious doubts about challenging for promotion with Dawson as number 1.

Guest gizowl

Look at the bigger picture, Westwoods a great keeper, but if he plays 35 games next year we'll have done well, we also need a better keeper than Dawson as back up, either Dawson or Wildsmith need moving out, but are we going to attract a top goalkeeper if he knows he's going to be No2 to Westwood, I'd like to keep him but wouldn't break the bank for him. 1yr deal on reduced terms with bonus at the end accumulated by number of appearances and if we achieve promotion. 

1 hour ago, thewookieisdown said:

Curious that people are so certain we should keep Westwood.

For other players, the consensus seems to be that we shouldn't take risks if they have proven tendencies to miss long runs of games.

Not an easy call in my view

The main reason he has missed long runs of games was down to the pure ineptness of our previous manager. He has missed a few games in the past but having equaled our clean sheet record twice and got into double figures in clean sheets in half of this season then I would say his fitness record shouldn't be much of a factor.

The number of goals we concede without him is the biggest factor.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Dronfield Blue said:

I don't know why, but I just had a look at a piggy fan site S2 4SU.

Some of their punters (not sure I've spelt that right) fancy Westwood at the stain.

Not how I spell grunters mate. 

21 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Agreed a 2 year deal with Huddersfield is the rumour doing the rounds.

Seems to be some substance in this. 

Wouldn't surprise me. 

Needless to say, I think there's a reasonable chance we line up with a new number 1 next season. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The main reason he has missed long runs of games was down to the pure ineptness of our previous manager. He has missed a few games in the past but having equaled our clean sheet record twice and got into double figures in clean sheets in half of this season then I would say his fitness record shouldn't be much of a factor.

The number of goals we concede without him is the biggest factor.

He's had significant periods of absenteeism with, as I recall, back issues. At 35 early in the new season, that is worth bearing in mind. Overall, it's probably a yes from me. He's been as good as ever since returning. But....