An indication Westwood is off?

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-chief-steve-bruce-on-joe-wildsmith-and-the-reason-behind-keiren-westwood-s-absence-against-preston-north-end-1-9736139

I’m sure if we were close to agreeing a deal with Westwood he would have been involved yesterday. Bruce has always tried to play his strongest eleven since he’s been here. 

Huge shame as I don’t think Dawson or Wildsmith are anywhere near his level. 

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

Be interesting to see what transpires, and whether or not Bruce has genuine interest in French keeper Beunardeau. 

Na not really this is standard practice 

nothing to play for only pride have a look at your fringe players in a competitive match 

I’m sure one of Bruce’s priorities will be kicking off next season with Westwood number 1 

Just now, fpowl said:

Na not really this is standard practice 

nothing to play for only pride have a look at your fringe players in a competitive match 

I’m sure one of Bruce’s priorities will be kicking off next season with Westwood number 1 

Bruce has kept going for the play offs up until it wasn’t possible. He’s said this all week and confirmed this was the mentality ahead of kick-off. Westwood plays if he isn’t going in my opinion.

Standard practice these days.

Preston played a keeper they haven't played all season yesterday.

Always happens this time of year, and whilst we were mathematically in the hunt it was a long shot which has been reflected in his recent teams. Why do you think Lee was in the side yesterday? If we was in top 6 he wouldn't have been there yesterday.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

If Westwood does leave which would be a massive mistake we would need to bring in a new number one keeper because over a season for me Dawson isn’t good enough to be first choice just yet. 

This 

its not a criticism Dawson needs to go out and be number one for a season else where

Rotherham for their promotion bid next year maybe 

go earn your stripes young man 

MANAGER IN WANTING TO LOOK AT ALL HIS PLAYERS SHOCK

Owls boss Steve Bruce has sensationally said he will be looking at some of the players he's not seen in match action yet in next weeks dead rubber fixture against QPR,  just two weeks after he said he'd be looking at some of the players he's not seen in match action 'in the next fortnight.

More breaking old news twisted with a negative slant as we get it

giphy.gif

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7