It’ll take a brave man to not give Kieran Lee a contract extension...

I’d be amazed if Bruce doesn’t give him every opportunity possible to proove his fitness over the summer

for me, 2 years ago he was one of the best midfielders at this level , superb at linking midfield to attack and he had started adding goals to his game with his impeccable timing ghosting into the box at the last 

but nobody can deny his injury record is as bad as they come, and it’s a risk 

8 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Out of all the players out of contract in the summer - including Hooper - i’d keep Lee for one reason alone - he’s the missing link from our team. We line up best in a 433 with Forestieri on left, Reach right & a Fletcher type up top (no room for Hooper I’m afraid). Of the 3 in midfield we have Hutch the destroyer, Bannan the creator but we’ve been missing Lee the runner. He’s exactly the player we need, the one we’ve been missing and is worth the risk.

Know why you say this but we have been saying similar for far too long.

While it might be right to give Lee a  contract for a year I think Bruce realises the front 6 you mention and the squad in general needs changes, needs fresh legs, needs strength and athleticism and so we need fresh faces good enough to play in the first eleven.

At least I hope he does!

I've got a good feeling that KL will be with us next season.

Based on nothing really... except SB loves this type of player...and from that picture where he was throwing good wishes his way... I think there's good will at the top of the club to offer him something.

The arguments for and against, show how difficult a decision this will be for Bruce. Realistically, we need to add at least half a dozen players, who are better than those we already have. That’s a tall order when you consider we might need to replace players like Westwood, Hector and Lee. Obviously, Lee’s contribution of late has been minimal, but when fit, he is a very good player.

All this is without considering the fact that we might have to sell the likes of Forestieri and Reach

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Just wanna draw all the repetitive posters attention to the above post.

This poster knows KL and doesn't post bullshlt. 

Now let's put the "he's on big bucks" nonsense to bed and hope he gets signed up again.

200.gif.3d2e7ffca9bfec8985da256dbde9d71b.gif

• Haha 3

I wouldn't write him off just yet , Coming back from a long injury will take time to get up to speed  , Lee is a hard worker second to none and if he wants it enough he is the type to take up the challenge ,personally I don't think we will see the back of Lee just yet , 

• Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl

6 month contract on reduced wages which the club can renew in December and has an option for the year after in favor of the club too. He should sign it as well. He owes us for the last 16 months!

3 hours ago, Rentaghost said:

Hutchinson has been here for a number of years with his injury record, and I’d say lee is a much better player. And Hutchinson is very good, so why wouldn’t he be worth a contract. 

Not sure if the rumours are true with Carlos playing him when injured to try and save his own skin, but whatever happened that season has clearly been the main factor in him being injured over the last year. 

Hes been unlucky getting other injuries in the road to recovery, but if he’s is through that and can stay fit, a kieren lee who can contribute 25 games (a bit like Hutchinson) is worth a contract and the risk. 

He was outstanding in the play off final season, if he stays fit, he is one of the best in this league. 

Do us a favour Mate 

Give your toilet a flush ......

:Sid:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Kieran Lee's dad on Owlstalk discussing his wage, I've seen it all now 

:Sid:

Can't wait for Abdi's old dear turning up in a tin hat n rolling pin .......:tango:

**This is like watching Airplane for the first time 

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 5

14 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Imagine if Abdi had made his return yesterday. Would people be saying sign him up? A player who doesn't play isn't a good investment, regardless of who it is. 

We need players who play. Players with a track record of being fit. Stop talking about pay as you play deals, they won't be offered and very few players will take them. 

He'd have most likely been booed and jeered. It's very unfair to Kieran Lee to compare his situation to Abdi's. Lee could argue he's been our most effective player since he arrived and the club clearly thinks a lot of him. Abdi, aside from one fabulous goal has contributed nothing.

29 minutes ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

lol I shouldn't have opened my mouth i'm regretting it already

See the good side...

At least you're not David Jones' dad.

"150k a week he's been stealing from Wednesday, his appearance bonus alone is enough to stop the 3rd world debt'"

• Haha 2