It’ll take a brave man to not give Kieran Lee a contract extension...

As far as I can see, if all those who are out of contract leave, without considering upgrades, the squad will be short of 3 players, a centre back, and 2 midfielders. That would give us a squad of 22, probably enough in terms of numbers, but distinctly short of quality. 

3 hours ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

well I can 100% tell you you are way off, try half of that 25 then knock a bit more off you would be closer

When he signed his last contract he was one of the most lauded players in the division...

Was his agent Dianne Abbott?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, dkenyonqfc2 said:

well I can 100% tell you you are way off, try half of that 25 then knock a bit more off you would be closer

Just wanna draw all the repetitive posters attention to the above post.

This poster knows KL and doesn't post bullshlt. 

Now let's put the "he's on big bucks" nonsense to bed and hope he gets signed up again.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Just so you are aware, pay as you play deals dont exist.

There are appearance bonus.

It does actually.

You can sign on a non-contract basis, but as someone said...why would a player of his calibre accept that.

Such a shame he got injured, he would have been pushing 12-15goals a season I reckon 

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It does actually.

You can sign on a non-contract basis, but as someone said...why would a player of his calibre accept that.

Such a shame he got injured, he would have been pushing 12-15goals a season I reckon 

Nope, it dont.

It's a normal contract of 6 months and on wards, with additions of appearance money being the major factor.

Edited by daleblue

21 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Just wanna draw all the repetitive posters attention to the above post.

This poster knows KL and doesn't post bullshlt. 

Now let's put the "he's on big bucks" nonsense to bed and hope he gets signed up again.

GAME AND FIRST SET TO MR BEHOLDER ...

NEW BALLS PLEASE .....

just getting ready for the summer 

exciting isn't it ? :biggrin:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

As I said, you can sign on a non-contract basis.

I have never heard of any player signing such a contract, (or not as the case may be), would have thought against EFL rules,

but if not, like you say why would a player ever sign such a contract.

Maybe it's a thing in lower leagues but not in the Championship.

Edited by daleblue

9 minutes ago, daleblue said:

I have never heard of any player signing such a contract, (or not as the case may be), would have thought against EFL rules,

In the Championship. Took me about 8 seconds to find an example

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2016/august/emmanuel-ledesma-signs-on-a-non-contract-basis/

Edited by McRightSide

11 minutes ago, daleblue said:

What an excellent point you raise Dale ..

Yeah thinking logically that might be taken with a dim view by the powers that be ?..

We could get a situation where guns for hire flit from one club to another,especially at this stage of the season...

Say Villa are struggling in the midfield area - loads of injuries....

Phone rings "Hi Steve, Dean Smith here  any chance you can get Almen to cancel his contract with you we desperately need him for the playoffs" .....

:tango::tango::tango:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

What an excellent point you raise Dale ..

Yeah thinking logically that might be taken with a dim view by the powers that be ?..

We could get a situation where guns for hire flit from one club to another,especially at this stage of the season...

Say Villa are struggling in the midfield area - loads of injuries....

Phone rings "Hi Steve, Dean Smith here  any chance you can get Almen to cancel his contract with you we desperately need him for the playoffs" .....

:tango::tango::tango:

Non-contract signings are allowed, but obviously very few players agree to them.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

In the Championship. Took me about 8 seconds to find an example

https://www.brentfordfc.com/news/2016/august/emmanuel-ledesma-signs-on-a-non-contract-basis/

What is meant by a pay as you play deal.

Under a pay as you play deal the player will be contracted to the club for a certain amount of time under a standard premier league contract.

The only difference to the make-up of that players contract than other players in the team is that player will be paid when he makes an appearance

for the club.

often the player will be on a very low base salary and has the option of increasing that by working hard and making appearances on the pitch.

I know this is for Premier league players but would have thought same through out the industry.

Out of all the players out of contract in the summer - including Hooper - i’d keep Lee for one reason alone - he’s the missing link from our team. We line up best in a 433 with Forestieri on left, Reach right & a Fletcher type up top (no room for Hooper I’m afraid). Of the 3 in midfield we have Hutch the destroyer, Bannan the creator but we’ve been missing Lee the runner. He’s exactly the player we need, the one we’ve been missing and is worth the risk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

Out of all the players out of contract in the summer - including Hooper - i’d keep Lee for one reason alone - he’s the missing link from our team. We line up best in a 433 with Forestieri on left, Reach right & a Fletcher type up top (no room for Hooper I’m afraid). Of the 3 in midfield we have Hutch the destroyer, Bannan the creator but we’ve been missing Lee the runner. He’s exactly the player we need, the one we’ve been missing and is worth the risk.

This would be the main reason I’d give it serious thought

Hutchinson has been here for a number of years with his injury record, and I’d say lee is a much better player. And Hutchinson is very good, so why wouldn’t he be worth a contract. 

Not sure if the rumours are true with Carlos playing him when injured to try and save his own skin, but whatever happened that season has clearly been the main factor in him being injured over the last year. 

Hes been unlucky getting other injuries in the road to recovery, but if he’s is through that and can stay fit, a kieren lee who can contribute 25 games (a bit like Hutchinson) is worth a contract and the risk. 

He was outstanding in the play off final season, if he stays fit, he is one of the best in this league.