Steve Bruce 'first time I've lost my temper since I walked through the door'

“Well for as terrific as we were in the second half we were awful in the first half.

“The players just weren’t at it and that’s the first time I’ve lost my temper here since I’ve walked through the door.

“But credit to them. They’ve responded in the right way and even when we went 3-1 down I thought we could come back.

“And in the end, in all honesty, we could have won the game twice right at the end.

“I’m pleased for the supporters because they’ve gone home now with smiles on their faces and it looked anything like that in the first half.

“They’ve turned out in huge numbers today on an awful afternoon and they deserved to see their team take something from what in the end was a very entertaining game.”

Owlstalk Shop

16 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Yep. Still hasn't said a single word I've disagreed with. 

He just speaks so much sense doesn't he, he's a complete breath of fresh air for this club. 

Edited by RichieB

16 hours ago, Nick the Owl said:

Give him adequate backing and more importantly time and this guy is taking us up. 

This, particularly the time reference.  He's said it might take several transfer windows to get the squad he wants, so DC & us the fans need to be patient.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

After conceding a late consolation goal against Boro once, he pointed out "we  got caught with ours trousers down at the back"

Beat that Pep !

Yep.Stevie B demands the same standards as Big Jack and you can see why i've made the comparision with him.lol