Next years away shirt

6 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Elev8 s a business is in the process of becoming a reality, someone I know has just landed a great job with the company.

is this true or a wind up ?

On 27/04/2019 at 19:53, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Looks more of a training shirt than a match kit but cool concept.

Would like to see an updated version of the yellow and purple from the 90s personally.

Why do they need a training shirt and a match kit?   Just use last seasons kit for the training shirt.  Saved a few bob there. 

2 hours ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Elev8 s a business is in the process of becoming a reality, someone I know has just landed a great job with the company.

Doesn't make them a good shirt manufacturer. 

14 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Doesn't make them a good shirt manufacturer. 

Given the quality of construction and materials of the last two away shirts (and accepting the delays for the kits in their fledgling first year), I'd say they are a very good shirt manufacturer. I'd be very happy to buy shirts made by them again - far happier than if we'd returned to the nasty rubbish that was put out by Sondico, Puma and Lotto.

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Given the quality of construction and materials of the last two away shirts (and accepting the delays for the kits in their fledgling first year), I'd say they are a very good shirt manufacturer. I'd be very happy to buy shirts made by them again - far happier than if we'd returned to the nasty rubbish that was put out by Sondico, Puma and Lotto.

Couldn't agree more.

2 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Fair enough mate if thats how you feel.

I don't rate them at all, the 'construction' and 'materials' as you say are okay. But it's 2019, i wouldnt expect a shirt to rip that's made by any company.

The design, for me, is just awful.  

The last shirt i liked the look of was the one from the play off final campaign. 

Perhaps you were unlucky with yours then. I play five-a-side in mine most weeks so they've had pretty rough treatment, but they're both still in near-mint condition. Even the rubberised branding on the current away shirt - which I was expecting to get ripped off almost straight away - is still as new. They've easily outperformed any other football shirts I've ever owned. All the shirts I have from previous seasons (admittedly I didn't own the Sondico ones so maybe I was harsh calling them rubbish) going back to the late '90s have obvious wear and tear and with significant unstitching, and the most recent 2010-12 Puma ones, which were the worst of all, are now like dishcloths.

I might be in the minority that isn't that keen on this years away effort, the home one is nice though.

On the same topic, I uploaded a video of how I put together the 150th Anniversary kit, if anyone is interested the link is - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y2KeHMxyr0

I wish they'd have carried on using it this year, seems like a bit of waste now and the shine has been took off it a little on my part.

• Thanks 1

On 28/04/2019 at 00:34, ReginaldD said:

I agree silver for next season add in the purple shorts and socks too. Michael Hector said he likes it, extra little sweetener to entice him back :laugh:

Screenshot_20190423-184833_Gallery-295x448.jpg

Bannan looks good in that retro silver/purple kit. Is this an image for the away kit launch? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 27/04/2019 at 20:09, Blue and white said:

It's ok but it's not this.sheffield-wednesday-away-football-shirt-1990-1992-s_6334_1.jpg.77c8fef639551f644a6cef0475a64d83.jpg

My mate and I used to work at runnercare near redgates and this kit was delivered to our shop too early and in error.  The 20 away shirts were numberer in the packets from 001 to 020.  We were contacted and not allowed to sell them for over a week as they shouldn't have been released.  I got serial number 002 and my mate got 001.  True story, thought I'd share.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2019 at 02:23, punkskaphil said:

Construction?  Our kit this year was cheap tat.

The flimsy poly fabric, the awful raised rubber brand name, the really cheap-looking "chansiri" name not badged on but printed on alongside the striping, loose threading, just awful.