Preston heard Steve Bruce's half time rant at our players

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

A blast at half time means nothing if it happens all the time or if the players do not respect the manager, he has 

to pick the moment and it worked.

This squad clearly respect him and many of them are eager to earn a shot at next season. Let’s just hope the next lot he brings in want to impress also.

I personally think this is key. The manager needs to be the biggest name at the club. Look at teams that have done well in Championship recently, very few if any big time Charlie's on big salaries in the teams. 

We need 11 solid players who will all take a bullet for each other and the manager. I think Bruce can pull this off. I'd much rather see us sign some promising players who haven't quite made it yet like Keiran Lee signing than bigger names at the end of their careers. 

Heads could quite easily have dropped when Preston’s 3rd went in and in the not too distant past they would have. It’s a mark of the impact that Bruce has had that Wednesday lifted themselves again, got back level and looked the more likely winners despite going down to 10 men. The future’s bright.

Just shows you have to put a shift in from the off in this league no matter how good you are, weve had too many 1st halves like that, showed our strengths and weaknesses today, mr bruce is on the ball though and knows what changes are required. Uto

36 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Steve Bruce ultimate gentleman ultimate winner ultimate manager 

I love him 

Bang on.

I wouldn’t bet against him moving ahead of Warnock in promotions to the Premier League while he’s at Wednesday either.

• Like 1

I remember when Brighton lost to us in the playoffs, the following day they said that they sat down and had a frank discussion about the following season, they started planning for their next tilt at promotion.

I remember when we lost to Huddersfield and plenty used the example that Brighton had set as to what we should do but with Carlos in charge, I never quite believed we would.

With Bruce however, I just get the feeling that now he’s got his own recruitment team in place, this week he’ll sit down with DC and start putting his own plans in place to turn us into top 6 contenders, in very much the same way Brighton did.

Edited by TrickyTrev
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Silkstone Owl said:

I have a good feeling about next season

It's just that significant niggle of the FFP debacle though isn't it.  If we are in embargo like last season there's not going to be many coming in. Is there?

35 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

It's just that significant niggle of the FFP debacle though isn't it.  If we are in embargo like last season there's not going to be many coming in. Is there?

He’s managed to turn our season around, the same group of players who were dross under Jos

we’ll be reight

1 hour ago, Silkstone Owl said:

He’s managed to turn our season around, the same group of players who were dross under Jos

we’ll be reight

Hope so mate. He said in the pre match presser that we need some fresh legs, alluded to youth etc. I just hope he can get what he wants because this guy knows how to build a side.