shandypants

I’m disappointed but also relieved...

I’m not disappointed at all , we aren’t good enough and don’t deserve it . I’m happy we now have a decent manager and can look forward to next season . Well done Bruce 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

If I was going to grumble I'd say he should have realised Onomah was having a seriously off game and should have been yanked at half time but it was a great comeback so no point complaining overall :)

Times must have changed . when i played we only got an orange at half time. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Plus a humongous transfer rumours megathread

SecretAnotherAmethystsunbird-max-1mb.gif.342b846114e8fc5070bd0e9907796717.gif

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

This season is over now and I'm glad to be honest. Will turn up next week and stay behind to applaud the team until the last man has left the pitch. Then I'm gonna have a break from footy. Pigs going up and Liverpool winning the league was my fear this season and at least one of those has happened. Screw watching that unfold. Sky sports is off and will stay off for a bit. There's a whole world out there for me that isn't footy related. And my lads footy season is over too so I need a break from that. 

Here here to all that.roll ok next season uto

Glad we’re not gonna be a month behind everyone else in the transfer market at any rate - even if we’re not gonna be doing a lot in it.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

lol

Get with the flow FFS Neil . We have "the battle of the humungous official v unofficial summer transfer rumours megafred" to keep us entertained all summer long lol 

• Haha 1

Not as relieved as this melt will be knowing he doesn't have to face Wednesday fans next season.

Incitement? 

58542828_446241376121303_8175917976801771520_o.jpg

On 27/04/2019 at 18:19, room0035 said:

Don't we find out next week what the accounts for last season are have to be filed with companies house by 30 April. Losses last season were 20.8m less allowable expenses.

Some of the loss will be taken out for Profit and Sustainability allowable expense but we will get idea how much in the brown stuff we are and how many players will need to be sold to balance the books.

it could be a great summer of rebuilding or a very quiet one with an embargo. We pray for the best but fear the worst.

We will definitely be ok...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

58542828_446241376121303_8175917976801771520_o.jpg

Man United when they send him back on loan to the championship.

:Sid:

• Haha 3

On 27/04/2019 at 17:51, Earlsfieldowl said:

They aren’t great but there will be some strength in the form the 3 in the ploffs  that won’t make it.

Either Leeds or Villa need to go up ideally.

Disagree.

I think both will be far weaker if they don't go up as villa lose parachute payments and Bielsa will apparently leave Leeds.

Id like to see west Brom go up as they will still be strong next season. Plus I don't mind west Brom...decent club.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

I wish Bruce had the budget Carlos had. 

Absolutely. I still worry that the spending in the 16/17 season will haunt us for years.  

• Agree 1

On 27/04/2019 at 18:18, DobbinTheDonkey said:

I expected to end as an 'if only season.' However they went from looking like they could go down to a chance of the playoffs with 2 games left.

A good manager and the only solace we might get from the pigs going up is you don't have to spaff loads of cash to get promoted. 

Get an effective system, get plays to fit that system and with some graft you will not be far away.

Follow the Norwich plan and we won't be far away.

I think Stuart Webber has been the catalyst for them. Hopefully Bruce is a combination of Manager and Sporting Director. He's been in the game a long time and is itk about most things football. 

The futures bright if you are a Wednesdayite. lol

On 27/04/2019 at 17:22, shandypants said:

... that the playoffs are now out of reach. Why? Because my nerves were in shreds. 

You should change your user name to shittypants then.:blush:

On 27/04/2019 at 17:50, @owlstalk said:

lol

personally,i like the Red Pepper Houmous.:tango:

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

Follow the Norwich plan and we won't be far away.

I think Stuart Webber has been the catalyst for them. Hopefully Bruce is a combination of Manager and Sporting Director. He's been in the game a long time and is itk about most things football. 

The futures bright if you are a Wednesdayite. lol

You’re a poet and you don’t seem aware of this fact. 

• Haha 1

On 27/04/2019 at 18:54, S36 OWL said:

Times must have changed . when i played we only got an orange at half time. 

Could be worse though,we were once given over riped Bananas at HT that tasted absolutely Vile. WTF:

Im glad this season is over. Lets hope we get rid of a few add a few and start next season off on a high. I cant wait. 

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

You’re a poet and you don’t seem aware of this fact. 

The sky is Blue

The clouds are White

That's why God's a Wednesdayite 

I know it's an old one but I like it.

lol

I’m glad the Blades have gone up. They don’t stand a chance next season. It’s going to be quality watching them go into meltdown and Wilder will be gone before the end of the season.

• Agree 1