Boy Bruces Press Bullets!

50 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’ve felt very calm this week even though it looks a racing certainty the giants of the game across the city are making a return to their rightful place in the game :biggrin: and we are staring down the barrel of another season in the championship :mellow:

I don’t know why but I’ve got a feeling we could still go into the QPR game with a chance. Look it was over after Villa according to some then it was over after Norwich’s equaliser according to most but here we are penultimate game of the season and it’s still mathematically possible so who knows?

Win tomorrow and Derby draw with Brizzle and it keeps us in it .... Just.

3 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Hector -  He's not a free agent. I wish he was!  I’d love to bring Michael Hector back. Of course I would. But he’s a Chelsea player. But I’d love to bring him back. But he's got a year left. We'll talk to them, see what they want but I'd love to bring him back here.

Steve, stop sitting on the fence - would you love to bring Hector back or not?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

Great manager, great person.

See it shouldn't make a difference really if he's a likeable bloke. 

But somehow it does doesn't it.

What I like is the way that even when he doesn't give a full answer that the hacks want, he gives you enough to know that he's busy dealing with things behind the scenes and will let folks know when he thinks the time is right.

He gives off an aura of calm assurance, and that's reassuring as a fan. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

See it shouldn't make a difference really if he's a likeable bloke. 

But somehow it does doesn't it.

What I like is the way that even when he doesn't give a full answer that the hacks want, he gives you enough to know that he's busy dealing with things behind the scenes and will let folks know when he thinks the time is right.

He gives off an aura of calm assurance, and that's reassuring as a fan. 

Its a results business

Everyone had a crush on carlos after hed been here a few months

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Seeing kieran lee in a wednesday shirt again will be an emotional moment..i'd kill to see him at the top of his game again but it probably wont happen

Perhaps not. We just don't know. 

The prolonged absence might have given him the recovery time that hes needed .

Given that a few months ago there was a growing concensus that he was  "finished" It'll be remarkable to some to see him play at all!

I'm really pleased for the lad. And pleased for us too if he get through with no problems and is all guns blazing ready for next season. (If offered a deal...)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We all would. Good luck to the lad tomorrow.

I think there's not a fan in our number who isn't hoping that Lee comes back unscathed. There will be thousands willing him on and many more 10 of thousands around the country. 

Fingers crossed. Because if he has it in him to be even 80% of the player he was , he's surely one of the best box to box goalscoring midfield players in the division. 

5 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think there's not a fan in our number who isn't hoping that Lee comes back unscathed. There will be thousands willing him on and many more 10 of thousands around the country. 

Fingers crossed. Because if he has it in him to be even 80% of the player he was , he's surely one of the best box to box goalscoring midfield players in the division. 

Technically excellent. Great runner and link player. Makes the game look very easy. Not sure how many other fans rate him - personally when he was fit and playing, he was one of the most underrated players in the division. 

I know we need to release a load but I think we could regret letting him go. I think he would sign a reduced terms 1 year contract. The player himself needs to acknowledge the situation he finds himself in. 

I hope he comes back to his best, as he is one of our best players if not our best. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Technically excellent. Great runner and link player. Makes the game look very easy. Not sure how many other fans rate him - personally when he was fit and playing, he was one of the most underrated players in the division. 

I know we need to release a load but I think we could regret letting him go. I think he would sign a reduced terms 1 year contract. The player himself needs to acknowledge the situation he finds himself in. 

I hope he comes back to his best, as he is one of our best players if not our best. 

I think the boy is settled here and he strikes me as the type of grounded character that probably feels he should stick by the club, even if offered a reduced deal or a shorter contract. 

Of course all players need to get the best deal for themselves. But I've always sensed a great humility to the lad and am convinced he'd be keen to talk to the gaffer and see what he can do under hum given the opportunity. 

Like many players I feel the key to whether Lee is signed back on lies in looking at what qualities he brings to the team snooty asking the question of how much would it cost to bring in a player that does the same thing. 

IMO,  that would be well into the millions. 

It's an equation Bruce and Chansiri will have to consider carefully.