Carlos’ approach to Play-Offs

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

Nah, course not. We just fluked our way to the two best seasons we've had in 20 years, consecutively.

THIS a thousand times ^^^^

How our 'fans' can mock a coach who gave us our only two good seasons in the last twenty, beats me.

And the OP mocks Huddersfield too.  They can't have been that bad to survive the Prem last season.

And we didn't spend tons of money.  The first season was done with Gray's team, plus bargain signings such as Wallace, Forestieri and Bannan.

And if some of them were(still are) overpaid- it's not the coaches fault, it's the secretary/chairman to blame.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

THIS a thousand times ^^^^

How our 'fans' can mock a coach who gave us our only two good seasons in the last twenty, beats me.

Don’t you count the two promotions out of League 1 as good seasons?

Carlos fault was he didn’t train his players right fitness wise or utilise his squad the result you run out of steam and pick up long term injuries 

everywhere he goes he has immediate success followed by failure 

we've felt the brunt of this over the past 2 seasons 

Edited by fpowl

That video is brilliant. It would be great if our players could do something similar at Owls in the Park.

Loads of boys and girls would have great fun. You could even have different groups of kids each playing for 10 or 15 minutes  to get even more involved.

It would be great PR and I'm sure the players would love it. Abdi should be gone by then so there's no chance he'd get injured.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dan™ said:

Nah, course not. We just fluked our way to the two best seasons we've had in 20 years, consecutively.

2nd season we had a team good enough to challenge Newcastle and Brighton and he fizzed that up.

Then he bottled our best chance if getting promoted.

Huddersfield then Reading for a spot in the Prem. fizz me stuff of dreams that. Never be as easy as that ever again.

It’s a good OP. 

Of of course much of the post hoc criticism of CC is halfwitted.

But it’s true that his approach to the play offs and in general to the big games was too cautious. We saw that at Swansea in the end where he got a poor team closer to salvation than anyone would have expected but then let it slip.