Michael Cunningham

5 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

You missed out

Ya wee shwine that y'ar!

That's because I was depicting a south Glaswegic lilt as opposed to "yours" which appears to me to somewhat contain a stereotypical "Robert The Bruce" central Highland twang ..

It's an easy mistake to make Utah .......:Sid: 

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Young players with potential on reasonable wages.

Seems a better way to 'gamble' than spending money on aging players on massive wages. 

No bothered where they are from as long as the manager wants them and he can get a tune from them.

Whilst agreeing with signing youngsters with good potential bud, Scotland has hardly been brimming with quality throughout the leagues for quite a while now. 

Yes there must me a gem or two up there that could make it down here, but on a whole when the top didvison sides are pinning there hopes on un proven championship youngsters and leagues 1/2 players it's not good. 

You just need to look at the national team to see how they're struggling to produce real talent at the moment. 

15 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

In my rather extended time watching the Owls, I remember a number of virtually unknown players we've brought down from Scotland, who  have turned out to be S6 Favourites  two names which appear instantly being Craig and McCalliog.

We signed McCalliog from Chelsea

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

That's because I was depicting a south Glaswegic lilt as opposed to "yours" which appears to me to somewhat contain a stereotypical "Robert The Bruce" central Highland twang ..

It's an easy mistake to make Utah .......:Sid: 

Rab C Nesbitt actually!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

Whilst agreeing with signing youngsters with good potential bud, Scotland has hardly been brimming with quality throughout the leagues for quite a while now. 

Yes there must me a gem or two up there that could make it down here, but on a whole when the top didvison sides are pinning there hopes on un proven championship youngsters and leagues 1/2 players it's not good. 

You just need to look at the national team to see how they're struggling to produce real talent at the moment. 

I know what you mean, but one Scottish player is different from signing a host of them.

If we're mixing that player with our other players...sometimes players look better in better teams.

Fletcher for example looks far better for us than he does for the National side.

A young Scot mixed in with Hutchinson, Hector, Forestieri I think will look better than with a team of his struggling contemporaries.  

14 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Rooney is part of the exception, how many players are ready made for the top league at 18?

18 year olds shouldn't be expecting first team footy, that's just rounduns.

Rooney, Owen, Lampard, Mbappe. After that who?

the list is endless over the years ….even we got to the cup final with 4 teenagers in the side so it is possible to play at the top level at that age . …….all that matters is ability 

7 hours ago, Rogers said:

SWFC and Scottish players = disaster.  Can't remember many good players (or successes) over the past 40 years.  Steve Maclean, Andy Blair, are the standout against the Gary Teales, Donnelly, O'Donnell, Stevie May, Maurice Ross, David Graham, Mark Reynolds, Paul Heffernan, etc.

Heffernan is Irish, but I'd replace him with Phillip Scott.

17 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

No idea if this true and if true good/bad/neither. But absolute shout out to classic journalese recalling happier times. "The struggling Taysiders" is good but "the rangy marksman" is simply a classic. Pure old school. If the writer doesn't wear a pork pie hat and a creased trench coat, he should damn well start today

"Swoop".

Really don't see why people see this as negative ?! We are looking to bring supposedly talented player to our U-23 side in a gamble that is supposed to cost us very little if he doesn't make it here. Surely this can only be a good think, and I hope he isn't the only one we are scouting.