Michael Cunningham

I wonder how many times Robertson is gonna get mentioned between now and the start of the next season. 

SWFC linked with (insert player name) 

Owlstalk: trust bruce he signed Robertson 

*repeat for every rumour*

48 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Another wonder kid who is that amazing has made no first team appearances for a team fighting relegation in the Scottish top flight after just 6 wins and 25 goals in 34 games.

For me if you had a great young striker he would have been given a chance.

havent we had 2 youth wonder kids hirst and this connor lad ?

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

havent we had 2 youth wonder kids hirst and this connor lad ?

Ever young kid seems to be a wonder kid for me let give the lads we have in the under 18's and under 23's a chance before we look for lads from elsewhere.

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Another wonder kid who is that amazing has made no first team appearances for a team fighting relegation in the Scottish top flight after just 6 wins and 25 goals in 34 games.

Don’t really see a problem. The kids coming for a trial, which will cost very little.

If he doesn’t demonstrate a potential to play at least at Championship level he won’t be signed.

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

It's a no lose situation really (if he doesn't cost anything)

Remember that Bruce signed Andy Robertson from Dundee United for Hull, he's not a bad player is he (obviously he was more experienced and cost a decent fee as well, but even Scotland probably has some hidden gems)

Yes, they're so well hidden they don't even get into the Scotland team.

• Haha 2

We've managed to pick up low cost gems in the not too distant past (Kieran Lee and Tom Lees spring to mind) and given our FFP issues this has to be the way to go.

That lot down the road have shown that with the right approach you don't have to break the bank to compete at this level, maybe we should swallow our pride and copy that method.

At least with Bruce at the helm and his contacts we stand a chance of getting it right.

2 hours ago, S26 Owl said:

I wonder how many times Robertson is gonna get mentioned between now and the start of the next season. 

SWFC linked with (insert player name) 

Owlstalk: trust bruce he signed Robertson 

*repeat for every rumour*

I don't know who this insert player name is but i trust Bruce.

After all you know he did sign Robert..................:Sid:

3 hours ago, marcx666 said:

SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY are weighing up a swoop for Dundee wonderkid Michael Cunningham.

The 18-year-old will travel to Sheffield on Friday for a trial period with the SkyBet Championship outfit after impressing Wednesday scouts this season.

Cunningham, the Dee's top scorer at youth level, has been on the Owls' radar since the start of the year following a string of standout displays. He has also turned out for the Dark Blues' colts side in the Irn-Bru Cup.

Cunningham is seen as one for the future by Wednesday and would be part of Neil Thompson's under-23 squad.

The rangy marksman only joined Dundee from Celtic last summer and his departure would see the struggling Taysiders lose one of their brightest teenage talents.

READ MORE: PFA Team of the Year: Man City and Liverpool dominate lineup

Cunningham would be open to remaining at Dens Park to continue his development but, with the club deep in the relegation mire, he is yet to be offered an extended deal and has been forced to consider his options.

With uncertainty regarding what division Dundee will be playing in next term - and the potential financial ramifications of the drop - there are fears that several of their promising kids could leave Dens without a fight this summer.

The form of Dundee's youth side has been one silver lining to a dismal campaign for the club.

They reached the SFA Youth Cup quarter-finals, have lost just one of their last six matches and - as well as Cunningham's sparkling form - hot prospects Lyall Cameron, Josh Mulligan and Finlay Robertson have all gained Scotland recognition for their age group.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17597193.sheffield-wednesday-weighing-up-move-for-dundee-forward/

Got a certain resemblance to a young Stephen Fry the lad has.

• Haha 1

In my rather extended time watching the Owls, I remember a number of virtually unknown players we've brought down from Scotland, who  have turned out to be S6 Favourites  two names which appear instantly being Craig and McCalliog.

• Thanks 1

Eventually people will realise that tjis is the way forward for us. Signing young players who fit a system and can play every game. Just like the pigs did this season and last. I'd never heard of most of the players they signed, still don't really know who they are, but they've worked out a way to get promoted. 

Better than 10 million for Rhodes to do nowt. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

With a neck like that more champion the wonderhorse.

Seriously though if he is that good why not playing week I week out, spl not exactly competitive.

25 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

With a neck like that more champion the wonderhorse.

Seriously though if he is that good why not playing week I week out, spl not exactly competitive.

Maybe Dundee look after their kids and dont throw them to the wolves to lose all their confidence Jos style. Think Alex Ferguson set the tone at Man Utd and he didnt do that bad. Brought the likes of Giggs Beckham through slowly and then upped the anti when they were good and ready.

Two of the players they signed had been selected for the PFA teams of the season, Egan and Stevens, for L2. Egan bought via Brentford and Stevens on a free. Players selected by their peers based on almost a full season are always worth considering, particularly if they're available on a free. Even taking note of each club's Player of the Year, is not a bad way to start looking at lower league players. We need to be smarter in our recruitment though I've no doubt Bruce is better than DC's other managerial appointments in this respect.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

He's a young 18 year old lad. Most don't play at that age unless Jos is their manager.

He's just signing to beef up our u23 squad who will lose a few players this season.