U18s | v Ipswich (Hillsborough)

Shame about Hammoud, maybe there’s been a falling out One thing that has surprised me, is the lack of trialists involved in the development games It’s common practice for sides to include several trialists at this time of the year, and we e always done it. Looking at the U23 squad, there will be at least half a dozen places to fill next season, we’ll need a keeper, a left back, a couple of centre backs, and at least a couple of attacking players. 

Don’t know about the U18s, but I would imagine they will also need to recruit from outside. 

• Like 1

If only club would show some initiative to show this match live either on Ifollow or on YouTube.

Sadly such enterprises seem to be far above us at this moment in time :sad:

Oh well, perhaps next season...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

Do you why Eyad Hammoud is on trial with Preston u18s? Played against Blackpool other day. 

I thought he was one to watch? 

Have we released/not offering a contract?

I'd imagine (guessing) there's a new deal on offer from Wednesday

But maybe his agent thinks a better deal might be had elsewhere - either money-wise or a faster route to senior football

Trials are commonplace at this time of year, as @gurujuan says, and perhaps scouts from bigger clubs are busy attending these types of game

Either way, I can't see Preston's academy being a step up from our own - unless a potential deal comes with assurances

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

I'd imagine (guessing) there's a new deal on offer from Wednesday

But maybe his agent thinks a better deal might be had elsewhere - either money-wise or a faster route to senior football

Trials are commonplace at this time of year, as @gurujuan says, and perhaps scouts from bigger clubs are busy attending these types of game

Either way, I can't see Preston's academy being a step up from our own - unless a potential deal comes with assurances

Not offered a contract.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Shame about Hammoud, maybe there’s been a falling out One thing that has surprised me, is the lack of trialists involved in the development games It’s common practice for sides to include several trialists at this time of the year, and we e always done it. Looking at the U23 squad, there will be at least half a dozen places to fill next season, we’ll need a keeper, a left back, a couple of centre backs, and at least a couple of attacking players. 

Don’t know about the U18s, but I would imagine they will also need to recruit from outside. 

O’Brien, Hammoud  and Hagan were running defences ragged and terrorising the bejesus out of most teams when all on song. Its no surprise that Eyads goals have been drying up with O’Brien being out injured since January. These 3 together were unplayable at times. I think O’Brien finished on 9 or 10 goals with 8 assists. Eyad will be missed. Interesting from the season before when O’Brien came in on the January he finished with the same amount of league goals as Preslav Borukov and Jordan gave him 4 assists. Im looking to see if the pair can link up well with the 23s next season.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

John, are you surprised with us not offering contract ?

Thought he had great season, up until recently ?!

Finding it hard to believe this was down to him not been good enough...

Surprised and gutted mate tbh. I heard two weeks ago about it and it’s still hard to understand, but that’s football.

• Thanks 2

Just now, bladeshater said:

Not really pal but over the yearsi have been involved with academy football and I have seen far better footballers fall by the wayside

I gathered that. I personally think he should have been offered a year. Did you see all his games this season BH?

Just now, John O'Brien said:

That leaves you in a good position to judge him. I think there’s a fair bit of development in the lad and the 23s may have made him.

It's a game of opinions and for me he fell well short but I'm really impressed with our academy it's made great strides in the last 5-years and we have some tremendous prospects I look forward to watching to see how far they can go

• Like 1