Dom Iorfa

Just looked at transfermakt - info is that Dom's contract ends end of June. Surely we didn't sign him on a 6 month deal! Really puts the cat among the pigeons if we have to replace this guy so soon after thinking we got a bargain.

Here's what the BBC Reported at the time of signing

Sheffield Wednesday have signed Wolves defender Dominic Iorfa for an undisclosed fee and Newcastle's Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar on loan.

The Owls have not disclosed the length of the deal that former England Under-21 international Iorfa, 23, has signed.

Owlstalk Shop

20 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

Just looked at transfermakt - info is that Dom's contract ends end of June. Surely we didn't sign him on a 6 month deal! Really puts the cat among the pigeons if we have to replace this guy so soon after thinking we got a bargain.

I think that was his contract at Wolves. I've not seen him in any of the out of contract lists on various sites and I would be shocked if either ourselves or his agent hadn't pushed for a 2 year deal minimum tbh. Most likely is a deal expiring summer 2021 in my mind, with an optional year extension by the club

Edited by Minton

Reported by the star as a 3 1/2 year deal. 

"I was originally going to go to another team on loan in the Championship but once I knew about Wednesday's interest I swayed more to this," said Iorfa, who has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract. "I wanted to come here after finding out about the manager's plans

However 1, its the star 2,its swfc so lets be honest god knows. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Reported by the star as a 3 1/2 year deal. 

"I was originally going to go to another team on loan in the Championship but once I knew about Wednesday's interest I swayed more to this," said Iorfa, who has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract.

He gets paid his first wages in three-and-a-half-years time at the end of his contract, thus circumventing EFL P&S rules. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Here's what the BBC Reported at the time of signing

Sheffield Wednesday have signed Wolves defender Dominic Iorfa for an undisclosed fee and Newcastle's Rolando Aarons and Achraf Lazaar on loan.

The Owls have not disclosed the length of the deal that former England Under-21 international Iorfa, 23, has signed.

"I was originally going to go to another team on loan in the Championship but once I knew about Wednesday's interest I swayed more to this," said Iorfa, who has signed a three-and-a-half-year contract. "I wanted to come here after finding out about the manager's plans.

Dom Howson reported this though here...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/why-dominic-iorfa-snubbed-other-offers-to-join-sheffield-wednesday-1-9576606

10 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think the 6 months was how long he had left at Wolves. He may well be used at centre half next season if Hector leaves which would give us a ball playing centre half. He has been excellent from day one.

He's not much of a ball player though. His first touch and range of passing isn't great.

13 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Think the 6 months was how long he had left at Wolves. He may well be used at centre half next season if Hector leaves which would give us a ball playing centre half. He has been excellent from day one.

He doesn’t look like a centre half to me.

I like him but he can be a little unpredictable on the ball.

11 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

He's not much of a ball player though. His first touch and range of passing isn't great.

Can bring the ball out at pace which would stop us being so predictable and allowing teams to nullify us .Neither Lees or Hector have great pace or distribution and this was really exposed under Jos. SB has brought some pace in and we look far more threatening going forward.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It would be like having Read Johnson at centre back. A no for me. He's doing just fine down the right with his pace and athleticism. 

Cant argue he has done well there but think he has a lot more to offer once he has a preseason under SB and his coaching team. Wherever he plays he is an absolute bargain.

11 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He's a much better footballer than Reda Johnson yes he's a goal scoring defender like Reda but that is where the similarities end.

Both not the best with the ball at their feet, both massive, both commanding and both provide a presence.

Iorfa is a better footballer and is quicker, but to be fair there are some similarities between the pair.