Adam Reach

21 hours ago, Steelman said:

I'm still genuinely baffled by the hate Reach gets from our fans.

One of the few players we've signed that doesn't owe us a penny. Great work ethic and still relatively young, hope he becomes one of our greats.

Hate? Ffs people just don’t rate him as much as others, what I HATE is the fact that you can’t seem to have a different opinion on here 

FYI I don’t rate Reach anymore than a top 10 championship player, he’d fold in the PL 

Reach came in under a huge price tag and was shunted to left back to cover for our own poor recruitment. He has since been very good for us.

I don't think it's as much as he goes hiding with good players around him, he just stands out less. Reach is a consistent 7 out of 10 player, this stood out in our poor period and now he just looks like an important part of a very good side.

He plays like a very good academy product, does everything by the book, is pretty consistent and has a great engine and excellent all round fitness levels. 

Not every player in your team is going to be a leader or one to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, but looking around at our squad I don't see many others like that either. 

Reach has played 144 games for us already and at 26 he's coming to the peak of his career, and unless we get a good offer I think we'd be mad to let him go. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Hate? Ffs people just don’t rate him as much as others, what I HATE is the fact that you can’t seem to have a different opinion on here 

FYI I don’t rate Reach anymore than a top 10 championship player, he’d fold in the PL 

I'm sure you could say that about the vast majority of the Leeds, Norwich and United squad, and even Cardiff's last season. 

Getting there is what we should be planning for, we shouldn't be running before we can walk. 

Don’t get me wrong I like Reach, he’s been a reliable player for us, especially last season when everyone was dropping down injured left right and centre. But as our most saleable asset he’s definitely expendable if it means Bruce can bring in 3 or 4 players to strengthen the squad 

48 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We are not in the PL. 

34 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Reach came in under a huge price tag and was shunted to left back to cover for our own poor recruitment. He has since been very good for us.

I don't think it's as much as he goes hiding with good players around him, he just stands out less. Reach is a consistent 7 out of 10 player, this stood out in our poor period and now he just looks like an important part of a very good side.

He plays like a very good academy product, does everything by the book, is pretty consistent and has a great engine and excellent all round fitness levels. 

Not every player in your team is going to be a leader or one to grab the game by the scruff of the neck, but looking around at our squad I don't see many others like that either. 

Reach has played 144 games for us already and at 26 he's coming to the peak of his career, and unless we get a good offer I think we'd be mad to let him go. 

144 games. Wow. Given how bad we’ve had it with injuries, that is very impressive from Reach. 

Fantastic signing. One of the ones we definitely got right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

We are not in the PL. 

Yeah but if you’re on about selling him, most on here are suggesting it’s gonna be PL clubs in for him. I personally can’t see him adding anything to a PL side, especially for the fees mentioned. They’d be better off signing a continental player for half the money whose better