Adam Reach

4 minutes ago, Steelman said:

I'm still genuinely baffled by the hate Reach gets from our fans.

One of the few players we've signed that doesn't owe us a penny. Great work ethic and still relatively young, hope he becomes one of our greats.

Exactly and we would easily make our money back on him and then some.

18 minutes ago, A12owl said:

He obviously stands out against our "bare bones" players as their quality isn't as good as he is. When our better players are in the team then the difference less. 

There is less difference between Reach and the better players.

Reach is a top end championship player as are all of them players you are comparing him with.

Its testament to Reach that when he was the only one fit and we needed him he stepped up.

Now he doesn't have to as much as we have others to carry the can.

My theory on Reach is that opinion is skewed by the fact that he doesn’t put a foot in. Some people just can’t see past that despite all his other qualities. The stats speak for themselves,

I trust Bruce to juggle our playing staff as he sees fit so I’m not concerned either way.

2 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Baffling opinions about Reach within our fanbase. I can only assume he's done something terrible I'm unaware of because I can't be down to footballing reasons as he's been brilliant for us.

It's quite simple really: 

Once fans have made their mind up about a player, it takes something pretty drastic for them to change said opinion. 

Reach had a meh first season with us and quite a few people instantly took a dislike to him. I think the relatively large fee didn't help. 

Thing is he has followed that up with two very good seasons and has been one of our most consistent and reliable performers. 

He can score goals, chip in with assists, has a great engine and is very rarely injured. 

If someone stumps up silly money for him then you'd have to sell, but I'd suspect Bruce would rather keep hold of him if he could. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

It's quite simple really: 

Once fans have made their mind up about a player, it takes something pretty drastic for them to change said opinion. 

Reach had a meh first season with us and quite a few people instantly took a dislike to him. I think the relatively large fee didn't help. 

Thing is he has followed that up with two very good seasons and has been one of our most consistent and reliable performers. 

He can score goals, chip in with assists, has a great engine and is very rarely injured. 

If someone stumps up silly money for him then you'd have to sell, but I'd suspect Bruce would rather keep hold of him if he could. 

Yeah I agree with all of that. Only bit I'd slightly disagree with is I'd describe his first season as fairly decent considering I don't think he played more that 3 games in the same position.

You always want to keep your best players (except DC, who wants to keep all the players) The thing with Reach, he is all the things described by others, but he has a few traits which, rightly or wrongly, colour people’s opinion of him The main one, I would imagine, is the fact that he doesn’t get stuck in. Some players don’t, but I don’t think it’s a lack of commitment with Reach, it’s probably just not his game. Personally, I don’t think we know his best position, or what system would suit him 

Hopefully, over the summer, Bruce can work on that

14 hours ago, Minton said:

No, he's a lot better.

17/18 - 46 games, 4 goals, 12 assists

18/19 - 45 games, 9 goals, 7 assists

This despite being played across the entire midfield. 

Nailed it. As one or two have mentioned- like a brunt scenario we won’t realise how good he is until he’s gone. Given our situation though we have to sell 

His cost to us:-

Purchase £6m

3 years @ £1.5m = £4.5m

Total cost £10.5m

Rough value £9m

Cost to us if we sold him in May £10.5m - £9m = £1.5m

Played 141 matches

Extraordinary value. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Spot on.

The lad is played here there and everywhere but still plays every game and does his bit. 

Absolute crucial we keep him. Shock horror that Fernando and Hooper are back and people suddenly forgot about Reach’s contribution. He may not be as talented as those two, but at least he’s available every week. 

Exactly this. Reach plays week in week out and gets through a huge amount of work every game. His assist and goals ratio is very impressive and even when he has an off day he still contributes by putting in a real shift. He's also incredibly versatile and deals with moving positions on a regular basis.

These are the types of player that promotions are built on. Not the best player in our squad but certainly the most valuable - in both senses of the word.

9 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Nailed it. As one or two have mentioned- like a brunt scenario we won’t realise how good he is until he’s gone. Given our situation though we have to sell 

Funny how our fans often seem to underestimate our best players. It's the same with Bannan who people always seem to think we should move on. Both players who every manager in the league would want in their squad.

12 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Baffling opinions about Reach within our fanbase. I can only assume he's done something terrible I'm unaware of because I can't be down to footballing reasons as he's been brilliant for us.

Apparently he's lightweight and doesn't get stuck in enough. Some of our fans can't see past this.

Having watch the goal of the year contender video I can only put Adam’s post Christmas levelling off in performance level down to his growing hair. There seems to be a correlation between his short hair and 30 yard worldies. Need to get the lad a Crew cut over the summer! 

37 minutes ago, Themagiccap said:

Having watch the goal of the year contender video I can only put Adam’s post Christmas levelling off in performance level down to his growing hair. There seems to be a correlation between his short hair and 30 yard worldies. Need to get the lad a Crew cut over the summer! 

Completely agree. He’s sporting a dreadful barnet 

Guest everydays_wednesday
On 24/04/2019 at 12:41, Lord Snooty said:

Genuinly think Jordan Rhodes would be a great fit for them down there.

They attack. Put the ball in the box a lot and they seem to be a rarity in playing two up front- something Jordan needs.

I'd take £8m :ph34r: from them.

Mind....Wilder wouldn't pay anyone £40k a week on principle would he....:laugh:

If he doesn’t pay anyone £40k a week in the premier they will do a Huddersfield (hopefully).