Adam Reach

44 minutes ago, sMacLean said:

Don't see him as the difference between promotion or not so not fussed if he goes for a decent fee.

At 26 he is near enough the finished article in terms of development so won't gain value. He isn't a Prem standard player.

How many top 6 sides would have him as a 1st teamer this season?. Happy to have him start for us but he's no talisman.

I would hazard a guess he gets in at least 4 or 5 of them. There are players in them starting 11s far worse that what Reach is. And in the premier league for that matter.

4 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

He is far better than some people chose to think, and for those that miss the subtleties of what a very good player is;- he justifiably won every one of the player of the year awards last season, has been having his own goal of the season competition this season, is yet again our most played player, despite carrying not one, but two injuries for several weeks now and has been shown to be one of our best players again across the the full board of statistics which support what most of us already knows, he has been our one true star player for two seasons in a row now and would be a huge miss if we had to sell him. 

I can only imagine what he would be like if he was allowed to play more games in his preferred left wing position, but unfortunately he has had to fill in for players in other positions and on the opposite side of the pitch, because he is still better than them, even when he is miles away from being fully fit!

For me, he is our most consistent star player and looks every inch a candidate for the captains armband if ever Tom Lees is missing.

Keep up the great work Adam.

never in a million years,our main players are Westwood,Lees,Hutch,Bannan ,FF and Fletch he is nowhere near these 

Guest Ash76

Going up be the next Brunt. Will go on to be a PL player at another club and only then will the idiots in our fan base acknowledge his quality 

9 hours ago, BRADDO said:

If we receive an offer of circa 8 million for any of our players, we'd have to willingly accept. It would go a long way to solving our FFP debacle and enable SB to wheel and deal. In addition to the huge wages saved by releasing out of contract players, we should be good to go.

If FFP wasn't an issue, he's one to keep. Young, willing worker, his injury record speaks for itself.

Scores a few, creates a few and I suspect there's no baggage - no tantrums, does what the gaffer asks.

Lightweight in the tackle - yes, but we were a different side at Leeds after he went off.

If you watch him he doesn't look a great player and can be so frustrating and very soft. But his stats over the last 2 seasons are very good and he practically saved us last season when the whole squad was injured. 

As good a player as he is, in our financial situation and with him being somewhat replaceable and our most valuable asset he simply must be sold. He isn't worth the 12 mil brandished around, and if someone is willing to pay that then we need to drive him there

Dont think its a case of Reach not playing well since the return of others, more a case that all our play suddenly doesnt go through him. With other attacking players all getting picked, hes not going to see as much of the ball as he did. Him and Iorfa still need to get into thier stride together too. 

His soft arse tackling aside, hes a cracking midfielder at this level and a solid all round pro. Rather have him with us than not, thats for sure. Defo needs tying down to a new deal asap, failing that we need to get every last penny we can for him. Silly prices at the moment mean id take no less than 10m for him. Wont be easy to replace him for less than 5/6m.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

If FFP wasn't an issue, he's one to keep. Young, willing worker, his injury record speaks for itself.

Scores a few, creates a few and I suspect there's no baggage - no tantrums, does what the gaffer asks.

Lightweight in the tackle - yes, but we were a different side at Leeds after he went off.

Shame to hear this sarge ..

It can have its drawbacks however  

Was stood in The Barracks car park at the front on Monday after the match  and a young lady tried filling her Mini up with Unleaded plus with me hose 

That wasn't the issue though.

It was where she stuck her Morrisons saver card that came keen :duntmatter:

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Was stood in The Barracks car park at the front on Monday after the match  and a young lady tried filling her Mini up with Unleaded plus with me hose 

Contactless not available

So she swiped it

WTF:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

He is far better than some people chose to think, and for those that miss the subtleties of what a very good player is;- he justifiably won every one of the player of the year awards last season, has been having his own goal of the season competition this season, is yet again our most played player, despite carrying not one, but two injuries for several weeks now and has been shown to be one of our best players again across the the full board of statistics which support what most of us already knows, he has been our one true star player for two seasons in a row now and would be a huge miss if we had to sell him. 

I can only imagine what he would be like if he was allowed to play more games in his preferred left wing position, but unfortunately he has had to fill in for players in other positions and on the opposite side of the pitch, because he is still better than them, even when he is miles away from being fully fit!

For me, he is our most consistent star player and looks every inch a candidate for the captains armband if ever Tom Lees is missing.

Keep up the great work Adam.

Exactly, but it won't stop the boo boys because he doesn't tackle like Hutchinson you know:duntmatter:

24 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Ooh, nowt worse than a chafed gusset (so I heard).

The only tackle I get to use these days is of a Sunday morning when fishing close in. 

The wife says I'm using the wrong bait, as the old worm is a bit lifeless. 

• Haha 2