Adam Reach

It's great that we have so many 'good' players fit and available for selection now.

But has anyone else noticed that Reach goes into a shell when he's playing with the better players.

He seems to excel when we are down to the bare bones, scores worldies, takes the ball, shoots on site and provides assists.

But whenever we field a close to full strength team he seems to get lost, and starts doing these straight line runs that result in him charging towards the corner flag on his left foot.

I can't work out if its a blessing, that when we're at full strength, Reach isn't a stand out player. Or if it's a sign that he's not quite on the wave length of the better players (Fessi, Hooper, Bannan, Fletcher etc) and maybe he could be the player to make way? - Get 8/9 million for him and re-invest?

Thoughts?

• Like 1

If we receive an offer of circa 8 million for any of our players, we'd have to willingly accept. It would go a long way to solving our FFP debacle and enable SB to wheel and deal. In addition to the huge wages saved by releasing out of contract players, we should be good to go.

• Thanks 1

Who would bid 8 million. 

Norwich may decide to keep Rhodes, could they take a gamble on FF? Would they snatch Hector? 

Pigs, could go for Hector. 

Villa, if promoted would likely be in for Reach and Hector. 

So we need Villa promoted, to be clear of FFP

19 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Who would bid 8 million. 

Norwich may decide to keep Rhodes, could they take a gamble on FF? Would they snatch Hector? 

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder came in for some of our most popular players, just to rub it in.

6 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

He’s just not as good as people like to think.

No, he's a lot better.

17/18 - 46 games, 4 goals, 12 assists

18/19 - 45 games, 9 goals, 7 assists

This despite being played across the entire midfield. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Minton said:

No, he's a lot better.

Add to that chances created. Right at the very top for the Championship over the last two seasons. Actually a better stat to use than assists, as assists don't take into account the chances he has created that other players have missed.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Wilder came in for some of our most popular players, just to rub it in.

Genuinly think Jordan Rhodes would be a great fit for them down there.

They attack. Put the ball in the box a lot and they seem to be a rarity in playing two up front- something Jordan needs.

I'd take £8m :ph34r: from them.

Mind....Wilder wouldn't pay anyone £40k a week on principle would he....:laugh:

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree with the OP here Reach is not the player we need to move forward. He is not a bad player but if we can get good money for him we have to take it.

With a fully fit squad and a couple of astute signings next year I wouldn't think he'll be first choice.

Really??

Would love to know who we are signing that would mean Reach ain't getting in the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

Who would bid 8 million. 

Not in a million years will Norwich decide to keep Rhodes. 

52 minutes ago, Minton said:

No, he's a lot better.

Spot on.

The lad is played here there and everywhere but still plays every game and does his bit. 

Absolute crucial we keep him. Shock horror that Fernando and Hooper are back and people suddenly forgot about Reach’s contribution. He may not be as talented as those two, but at least he’s available every week. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Spot on.

The lad is played here there and everywhere but still plays every game and does his bit. 

Absolute crucial we keep him. Shock horror that Fernando and Hooper are back and people suddenly forgot about Reach’s contribution. He may not be as talented as those two, but at least he’s available every week. 

Third in the league assists table in 17/18, joint 17th this season. The only man with more assists for us this season is Bannan, who has 10 assists. 

Unbelievable that some fans want both of them gone :ghoulguy:

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Third in the league assists table in 17/18, joint 17th this season. The only man with more assists for us this season is Bannan, who has 10 assists. 

Unbelievable that some fans want both of them gone :ghoulguy:

Quite simply, if they go we won’t replace them with better.

Although we may have no choice but to sell. Nevertheless I would like us to try and at least offload the likes of Rhodes, Winnall, Joao and FF first. 

1 hour ago, Mr Hooper said:

It's great that we have so many 'good' players fit and available for selection now.

But has anyone else noticed that Reach goes into a shell when he's playing with the better players.

He seems to excel when we are down to the bare bones, scores worldies, takes the ball, shoots on site and provides assists.

But whenever we field a close to full strength team he seems to get lost, and starts doing these straight line runs that result in him charging towards the corner flag on his left foot.

I can't work out if its a blessing, that when we're at full strength, Reach isn't a stand out player. Or if it's a sign that he's not quite on the wave length of the better players (Fessi, Hooper, Bannan, Fletcher etc) and maybe he could be the player to make way? - Get 8/9 million for him and re-invest?

Thoughts?

I do agree with your observations, I thought as much myself. During the worst if the injury crisis Reach carried the team on his own.

Where I might differ is that I think there is a talented player in there who, could with the right coaching, become a very talented player for us in a talented side.

However in the short term I would accept an £8 million offer because that would lighten the load.

The undoubted difference for me is the manager not the players.