HEAD GROUNDSMAN

2 hours ago, Tarquin said:

Vacancy for Assistant  advertised in march , Vacancy for head groundsman in April :unsure:.

Feels like the normal Human Resources wee wee tail up to me.

Wonder if the head was not consulted in the interview process ??:blink: 

Warm

• Like 1

One of the applicants is on his way to the interview. It's on the 4th floor, so he takes the lift. When it reaches the 3rd floor, it stops and in gets DC. Recognising him, our man immediately starts fumbling in his pocket.

'What is that you have there?' asks DC, as our man pulls out a tiny box. He opens it to reveal a perfect miniature copy of the hallowed Hillsborough turf, with real grass, complete with all the markings.

'That really is most impressive,' says DC.

'Thanks,' says our man. 'I was hoping you'd like it. It's my elevator pitch.'

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Seems a bit tinpot advertising a role like this on the OS. Surely positions like this are headhunted? Not exactly encouraging that two weeks from end of the season and we don’t have someone to sort the pitch!

Exactly, that bloke who used to look after the pitches at Sheffield lane top was alright, not his fault all the dogshit. 

4 hours ago, marshy said:

Despite all the jokes / puns it's a serious issue. We'll all be moaning come Winter if the pitch is in a state. Didn't the desso people say that it has to be looked after properly?

Hope it's sorted soon. I did think how well the pitch looked yesterday though.

Cut it once a week chuck a bit of horse muck on it now and again, water it when it's hot.  Bloody easy

On 23/04/2019 at 20:26, Quist said:

Apparently Abdi and Jones have put in applications, as both require new careers.

Abdi has been unsuccessful, not enough recent experience on grass.

On 23/04/2019 at 17:16, marshy said:

Despite all the jokes / puns it's a serious issue. We'll all be moaning come Winter if the pitch is in a state. Didn't the desso people say that it has to be looked after properly?

Hope it's sorted soon. I did think how well the pitch looked yesterday though.

Love the irony of your post and user name.:duntmatter:

• Haha 2