Michael Hector - Not seen this mentioned anywhere

3 hours ago, evaD said:

I missed the game, so cheers for that.

Hector has been brilliant, can't remember another loan signing as good as him, he fits us, he has his iffy moments, but he adds so much to the team it can be forgiven.

He's looking for a 'home', so I'm sure he'd sign for us, just praying we can afford him......guessing Tom Lees is as well.

Guest Jack the Hat
3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It was absolute top draw.

If Virgil Van Dijk does that Jamie Carragher and his media pals don’t  shut up about it for a good year. 

Why wind carragher up? Do you like gob in your face?

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I actually thought it was a lucky bounce when I saw it in real-time at the game 

Watching it back now, it turns out it was a stroke of genius and clearly deliberate.

Me also. I actually said to my nephew, jesus christ what's Hector doing, that was lucky there. 

3 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Tom Lees is club captain, been superb and has been arguably as important. 

Yes you are correct he is club captain.

He - Lees is the Gary Cahill to Hectors John Terry ..

It's not worked out too well for Cahill since Terry Retired ..

Let's hope Tom Lees doesn't "lose" Hector too ..

I also think Hector is already a better footballer  than Terry because he's got a lot more facets to his game and he -Hector is liked by his team mates and us too ..... 

Thought it was a miss-timed jump myself, as did most the North stand it seems - but whether intentional (video suggests this) or accidental he still got a very warm cheer on just how well it worked out.

He's done such a good job since joining - forming a really good partnership with Lees - who himself has been outstanding recently.

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Yes you are correct he is club captain.

He - Lees is the Gary Cahill to Hectors John Terry ..

It's not worked out too well for Cahill since Terry Retired ..

Let's hope Tom Lees doesn't "lose" Hector too ..

I also think Hector is already a better footballer  than Terry because he's got a lot more facets to his game and he -Hector is liked by his team mates and us too ..... 

better than Terry ..hmmmm

4 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

It was absolute top draw.

If Virgil Van Dijk does that Jamie Carragher and his media pals don’t shut up about it for a good year. 

Not sure about that.

Think he got lucky with it personally, was gonna head it back to Dawson but realised that would be daft with weimann there and just didn't do anything and got away with it.

Did well though as most would have just lumped it.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

There’s a deal to be done if we can afford it. Quite clear that he’s settled in well...not just with the team but into the city too. Makes complete sense for him to make roots here.

My worry would be that teams coming down will naturally have the pick of the litter for available players. Would not be surprised if defensively frail Fulham hit their neighbours up to sign the championship experienced Hector and tempt him in with higher wages than we can afford and the big advantage of still being able to live in London.

Does Hectors affinity with us outway the ‘easier’ decision to sign for money & not have the pain of up-rooting his family permanently from London to Yorkshire? I bloody hope so but I’m not confident.