Bruce- Delighted Bannan is signed up.

image.png.c9e96b7c84c008aec2910296728942a2.png    

Barry Bannan

Image result for barry bannan

"Abundance of ability"

"I don't think you're going to get a pair of goals as good as that across any league.  Wonderful goal from Bannan,  I thought Forestieris was goal of the season but I'll have to see back Baz's, and then the pass from Bannan ...well..... whoah...he's a very ,very,  good footballer isn't he! You's have seen him for the last 3 , 4 years. I'm delighted we've got him tied up. He's been here a few years and made himself a crowd favourite. To be a crowd favourite at a big club like this you've got to have ability and to be fair to the kid he's got it in abundance"

• Like 9

We have certain players In our squad we really could build the team around 

Bannan is one of them, for me he gives the ball away at too many times and needs to add a few more goals but his vision can be sublime

yeaterdays game is a classic what he’s  about both goal and assist world class 

if we can get bannan further up and protect behind him we have some player 

I think back to the first season hutch holding lee running bannan play making even if it was from the left, ( his assist yesterday was from there too ) he’s a big player played right 

how long is his contract now another two seasons after this? 

16 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Bannan is one of them, for me he gives the ball away at too many times and needs to add a few more goals but his vision can be sublime

I think back to the first season hutch holding lee running bannan play making even if it was from the left, ( his assist yesterday was from there too ) he’s a big player played right 

7EEEEE06-AD79-4F12-A5B8-DF89D51794BF.png.8f50faa37083ad899b085c5d2e7e8756.png

• Haha 1

Totally agree with the comments so far. I always find it interesting to get the views from other fans' forums and Bristol City's were loving Bannan after the match. Here's just a few;

'Bannan is what we need: great final ball, drives the team forward and looks to shoot.'

'Probably every Champ team would like Bannon'

'Interesting to see if Bannan stays at Weds in the summer; if so, and with Bruce guiding the Owls, they'll be serious top six material.'

'Much do you think he would go for? I think it would be £9m+.'

'A player of Bannans quality is what we have lacked'

Good to see others recognising and praising our quality.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We’d struggle to get a player like Bannon again. I’m puzzled that on occasion he gets a bit of stick from our fans. 

Shows total loyalty to the club, as well as having a hand in lots of our goals. 

• Like 1

I just wish he'd play higher up the pitch, sometimes he drops so deep he's in touching distance of the two centre halves, Hutchinson is the same

He showed against Bristol the damage he can do when he's higher up the pitch

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Just now, steveger said:

Bannan needs to smile more, i know it's hard being Scottish from my own personal experience, as i myself used to be Scottish, but,...............

^^^^^^^^This

He goes around like a Lannister without a drink

Smile man, smile

• Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, M Royds said:

We’d struggle to get a player like Bannon again. I’m puzzled that on occasion he gets a bit of stick from our fans. 

Shows total loyalty to the club, as well as having a hand in lots of our goals. 

Bannon has been available since Trump sacked him 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

Yeah, and Fessi's another so let's back him to take us outta this crap division next season.

Unless a mega Summer bid greatly helps with FFP and team re-building. 

1 hour ago, wilfsmith said:

Totally agree with the comments so far. I always find it interesting to get the views from other fans' forums and Bristol City's were loving Bannan after the match. Here's just a few;

'Bannan is what we need: great final ball, drives the team forward and looks to shoot.'

'Probably every Champ team would like Bannon'

'Interesting to see if Bannan stays at Weds in the summer; if so, and with Bruce guiding the Owls, they'll be serious top six material.'

'Much do you think he would go for? I think it would be £9m+.'

'A player of Bannans quality is what we have lacked'

Good to see others recognising and praising our quality.

The fans who sit behind me in the North stand slate him constantly. Even yesterday. 

I've been critical in the past.  I think we're all correct in that he needs to play higher up the park.  He invites teams on to us when he drops deep consistently.  However, the key to BB is playing intelligent footballers with him.  He looks unplayable at times with Hooper in the side.  Bannan's problem has been lack of options when he lifts his head.  Hooper provides options all over.  When he drops into the space, he creates space in behind, he provides a 10 yard pass option knowing he will probably retain the ball and use it well.  That way Bannan feels he can advance up the pitch knowing we will retain the ball.

I have a feeling all SB will do for next year is provide options for Bannan when he receives the ball.  Runners up top, someone dropping deep, runners from midfield, wide players.  All very simple stuff.  The best option SB can find for next year though is the one that doesn't involve Bannan whatsoever.  That way, when he starts drawing opposition attention, which he will invariably do when he is in good form, we can play around him and still be creative.  That is where we have lacked so often before.  Stop Bannan and the creativity stops with it.  It all goes back to what we said after the play off final.  We have to work much harder to give ourselves the space and opportunity to play. 

Bannan in a more advance role with a couple of hard workers behind him would be ideal. He does so much good work in the opposition half. Hate seeing him come back too deep to pick the ball off the defence, let the likes of Hutch and a new signing do that so that Bannan can do his damage further forwards.