A Hector offer needs sorting out!

9 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that just like this time last year we may already be under a soft embargo?

I believe we are still "working closely" with the EFL. A soft embargo by another name.

11 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that just like this time last year we may already be under a soft embargo?

I'd be very surprised if we're not already under a soft embargo.

Hopefully were working with the EFL but I can't see any incomings until we've determined which out of contract players will be offered new deals & also sold 1 or 2 in contract players.  Even then depending on how much we've bust P&S limits this season we might still end up under a hard embargo & or points deduction.

13 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Sadly I doubt we'll be able to sign him due to the financial debacle. Also teams with parachute payments will be in the driving seat. Fulham will be a possible destination imo. 

Biggest worry for me is that he ends up at the Bay of Pigs next season given that the Porcine Scrubbers are on the verge of going up. :duntmatter:WTF:

5 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Biggest worry for me is that he ends up at the Bay of Pigs next season given that the Porcine Scrubbers are on the verge of going up. :duntmatter:WTF:

Very possible. They'll have the money. 

Player of the season but unfortunately think the financials will not allow us to have Hector next season.  Believe he only has one year left on his contract so suspect Chelsea will want to sell as opposed to loan.

Pity really as he is like 2 players due to the effect he has on Tom Lees performances as well as his own.

Top fella as well and seems to have a great impact on his team mates if his Instagram stories are anything to go by.  

6 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Our past spending follies have put us in a position whereby we are unlikely to sign up Hector. To put it another way, spending 4 million on Van Aken, for example, has probably done for us being able to afford this much better CB.

Definitely.

It happened last season too when we couldn't sign venancio 

If we have 4 million to spend I think other areas need addressing before we spend it all on one defender. We still need pace on the wings and central midfield cover for Hutch. Good though he is I dont think are whole budget would be spent on Hector.Loan is very doubtful as his contract with Chelsea is up in 2020. Think Thorniley could be a major player next season and there may well be decent centre halves released at seasons end to back up the squad.

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

To think clueless trawled 200 centre halves and came up with Van Aken as the best. Then proceeded to pay a reported £4m

Staggering 

Totally agree Van Aken looks like a busted flush. Just cant handle the pace of the game over here. Our best hope would be to sell back to a dutch side if we can find one. Whatever happens it will be a financial loss. Worse than that it cost us the opportunity to purchase Vernacio who was far superior and half the price.

5 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Totally agree Van Aken looks like a busted flush. Just cant handle the pace of the game over here. Our best hope would be to sell back to a dutch side if we can find one. Whatever happens it will be a financial loss. Worse than that it cost us the opportunity to purchase Vernacio who was far superior and half the price.

Would have been less than a quarter of the price 

With a different manager I wouldn't think we have much chance. But under Bruce I'm quietly confident we'll find a way, whether it's through selling another player or as another season long loan. It seems Hec loves it here so we have a strong chance of getting him back, lets hope finances allow it as we desperately need him. 

If it isn't possible though I have confidence Bruce will find an alternative, even if not quite the same level. He knows what we need so maybe he'll surprise us signing an upcoming player from a smaller club.