A Hector offer needs sorting out!

Been thinking about this situation. We find ourselves just short of the play-offs after a great set of results and displays under Mr.Promotion Steve Bruce. Now I think it is obvious that the success has come since the vast improvement to the defence. Build from the back. Especially in this league. And the centre half's have much to do with it. Hector though? OK there is ffp. And all that. But somehow the chairman has to go extra to try and sort the finances out. It's not like he's got a clown in charge anymore. Brucie has proved himself and deserves as much help financially as possible. So Hector. If a big lump sum can't be lumped up pre-season then maybe a season loan again with a fee set come the end of the season. I recall some club (caugh) nearby having some similar deal in place for some Irish midfielder. He's settled in the team and for sure we need continuity. Him being with us would set the marker for the season and keep the forward momentum. Chelsea will just want to see money at some point. And a future down the line might help navigate ffp? And I'm sure if we show ambition his way he would love to carry it on. Do it Wednesday! Seek every avenue on this one. Reward the management team and the fans. Do your most! 

3 minutes ago, BRADDO said:

Sadly I doubt we'll be able to sign him due to the financial debacle. Also teams with parachute payments will be in the driving seat. Fulham will be a possible destination imo. 

yep

prob only a few know what the position is re embargos and inability to spend etc  but i'll be amazed if we can afford him  suppose it depends on who we sell / get off the wage  bill

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

Has anyone considered the possibility that just like this time last year we may already be under a soft embargo?

My holidays are almost over, I’m expecting to be placed under a soft embargo any moment........

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hawksmore said:

If we had to sell Reach and use every penny to buy Hector, that to me would be excellent business. 

Given our injury hoodo the last thing we should be doing willingly is sacking off our fittest first-teamers.

I would probably agree that Hector is likely to have a greater impact on how many points we pick up than Reach as individuals, but I'd hope we can do better business than selling one of our most reliable and available attacking options.

• Like 1

Not sure other teams will be clamouring for him, he's been on loan like 15 times and plenty of time for sides to see what he offers.

Yes he works for us next to Lees but don't think he has the distribution to play for a top side that plays at a fast tempo passing from the back in this league.

46 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

Given our injury hoodo the last thing we should be doing willingly is sacking off our fittest first-teamers.

I would probably agree that Hector is likely to have a greater impact on how many points we pick up than Reach as individuals, but I'd hope we can do better business than selling one of our most reliable and available attacking options.

Whilst I think we need to be open minded about ins and outs I totally agree re: Reach. He’s worth his weight for his availability let alone ability.

That said, depends on offers, there will surely be several.

Bruce will be looking for:

Reliable Fitness, Mental Toughness, Consistency and Hunger as fundamentals of any signing I’m sure. If we’re going to build on his achievements this season there isn’t really any latitude for taking a risk with incomings or new contracts.

Edited by Morepork

I know it'll be unpopular with a few on here, but if Bruce needs to sell bannan, Fernando, reach and joao to fund a rebuild I'm ok with that. 

I hadn't been a fan of ol' Steve before he came, but I've warmed to having him here and if by selling these players he can start the rebuild then so be it. 

Hector in, a few good loans and a bargain or two like Iorfa and I think we'll be good to go next season. 

After last years Venancio debacle, one deal we need to do early. A permanent deal would be best, but have a feeling to work within FFP may be a loan to buy in January, with the intention of moving a few out this summer to remain FFP compliant.