DC moved the accounting year as a last role of the dice to avoid sanctions just in case we got in the play offs. He has said all along we are in trouble if we don’t go up

Last 2 years we have reported losses of 9.7 and 20.5m. So guessing the latest accounts will show a higher loss again circa 25m we are miles over the limit.

Birmingham were punished 9 points for similar excess of the 39m rule so a precedent has been set.

They have also had their 2 previous years losses capped at 13m meaning that as long as there losses don’t exceed 13m next time they will be deemed to comply

For us we can achieve this by knocking 7-8m off the wage bill via end of contracts and possibly selling 1 or 2

DC in my opinion would be better releasing the accounts and take the punishment which allows us not to enter an embargo

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, striker said:

Don't think it will come to that, but would rather a points deduction than embargo.

We'd lose far more than 6 points if we're not allowed to recruit for a second summer running.

My genuine feeling is that releasing most of the out of contract players will be enough to sanction up to 5 loan signings plus hopefully Hector. Any further permanent signings to come from player sales. 

The precedent has been set with Birmingham. At face value the rolling 3-yr totals is key and as Birmingham found out when breaching the threshold level, we are likely to do the same and therefore, face a points deduction. This is of course dependent on if the accountants have managed to do anything with the delayed 2017/18 accounts - Rhodes loan; Hunt sale - but these two still look unlikely to impact on the losses/breaches.

I think the dialog with the EFL will have to push our openness to 'manage' the losses, which hopefully started last Summer we our self-imposed soft embargo and have a plan to bring them back in line moving forward. However, I assume Birmingham did the same to no avail. Their 9-point deduction for them had little or no impact this season, and with hindsight we may end regretting not taking a hit this season also, if of course it was possible.

• Like 1

All up in the air now that the EFL have their (unreleased) sanctioning guidelines. Previously I would have guessed a soft embargo after taking into account our reducing wage bill but it could be points now. Although apparently they’re free to ignore them too so may depend on how far over we’ve gone and how cooperative we’ve been. Fearing the worst to be honest.

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Bournemouth are in the Premier League. They could play behind closed doors and still be financially sound.

I was talking before that too they just always seem so have the financial income to be able to spend and stay within regulations 

Edited by Lomas613

20 minutes ago, Lomas613 said:

I was talking before that too they just always seem so have the financial income to be able to spend and stay within regulations 

They have a very wealthy owner who backed them, and luckily the gamble paid off for them.

By the time the EFL fined them, they were already a Premier League club, so they only paid a relative pittance for breaching the rules.

Plenty of players out of contract that will allow millions to be taken out of the revenue budget. Abdi,Jones ,Pudil,Hooper ,Lee,Westwood and Matias are some of them .

Probably around d the £14 million mark in wages that can be saved

45 minutes ago, 1963owl said:

the club should let us know exactly how we stand with it. At least we"d go into next season with a "backs to the wall" attitude

I suppose we need to pay off some debts and that can be done by Chansiri selling some of his equity.

Either increase revenue streams to match outgoings or cut wages to match revenue streams we have plenty of players out of contract this year so it's the ideal time to bring budgets into balance .

2 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

They had a rich owner and ignored FFP rules. Once the gamble paid off and they got to the PL they're laughing. They're not massive spenders by PL standards and although they have far less gate receipts than most other PL clubs matchday income is only a small proportion of what they get for being there.

The likes of Wolves (£58m loss in just 1 season!),  Cardiff, Boro, Brighton and even Huddersfield also got promoted whilst making huge losses in recent seasons.

Guest gizowl
4 hours ago, Lomas613 said:

Guest gizowl

Everyone is speculating without knowing any facts or how the rules of ffp work, the only facts we know is from the 30th June our wage bill will dramatically reduce, which is a great start to appeasing the football league, if we eat humble pie and assure them we're going to be more responsible in the future, we might have room to manouvre with building a squad capable of challenging next season. Fingers crossed.