I have absolutely zero clue about it other than you can't lose more than 13m a season or 39m over 3 seasons. For those of you who understand the workings of FFP I ask this.

If we release all the player on huge contracts and maybe sellone or two players ie Forestieri and Reach, will this bring us in line with FFP and allow Bruce to rebuild.

Edited by Blue and white

I suspect not given that the losses for this year would take us over that figure. But the “bonus” (in the EFLs warped way of thinking) would be that the club is showing cost cutting measures which may reduce any punishment and allow us to sign players again sooner.

All because we have an owner wanting to invest. I wouldn’t be surprised if we do what Derby did. Even player sales would go toward next year now. 

We've fvcked up and the negative potential is that we're gonna be paying for it for a few years. 

We can pray that we unearth some bargains, scrape together a strong team spirit and prove (like Hudders, Pigs, Leeds, Norwich, Bristol) have in recent seasons that you can actually get stronger when you both don't have much money and/or sell your supposed best players. 

We will find a way to be able to compete. Think alot of clubs are going to be having a moan about it and it wouldn't surprise me if the rules were relaxed a bit for the future.

Before it probably affected one or two clubs. now there could be up to about 10 that are feeling the pinch.

What that does is just stops all trade in the division because no one wants to spend. 

Would imagine the EFL liked it when all the big money transfers were happening, it put the championship on the map.

Wont want to make the league less attractive so I fully expect the rules to be relaxed in the near future.

Edited by pazowl55
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We will find a way to be able to compete. Think alot of clubs are going to be having a moan about it and it wouldn't surprise me if the rules were relaxed a bit for the future.

Before it probably affected one or two clubs. now there could be up to about 10 that are feeling the pinch.

What that does is just stops all trade in the division because no one wants to spend. 

Would imagine the EFL liked it when all the big money transfers were happening, it put the championship on the map.

Wont want to make the league less attractive so I fully expect the rules to be relaxed in the near future.

In essence, I think, Your bang on. Once you get to a point, that half the teams in the division, cant trade transfer wise to get out of the restrictions.

You end up with huge problems. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Now let me get my head around this.

If we are allowed to lose £39M over three years. 

When is the cut off date for the 'new/next' year?

Taking it that the first year will then be 'spent'.

Freeing up all the money spent in the first year.

Or have I got something wrong there?

47 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

In essence, I think, Your bang on. Once you get to a point, that half the teams in the division, cant trade transfer wise to get out of the restrictions.

You end up with huge problems. 

What the EFL could do is to stop the relegated Prem clubs classing the parachute payments as " income" . That would make the championship a more level playing field .

8 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

FFP will be an issue for for at least 2 years possibly 3.

If we lost 20 million last season and the same this season, we are over the margin already for the next 2 seasons.

If (big if), we don't lose any money next Season, then the Season after we would be able to lose 10 million.

So because it's a rolling 3 years, the Season after that we couldn't lose any money, the season after that we could lose 20 million. 

Then the Season after that we...........

24 minutes ago, MysticOwl said:

We are facing a points deduction next season, unless DC did sell the stadium to someone?

Don't think it will come to that, but would rather a points deduction than embargo.

We'd lose far more than 6 points if we're not allowed to recruit for a second summer running.

My genuine feeling is that releasing most of the out of contract players will be enough to sanction up to 5 loan signings plus hopefully Hector. Any further permanent signings to come from player sales. 

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

What the EFL could do is to stop the relegated Prem clubs classing the parachute payments as " income" . That would make the championship a more level playing field .

I think any decent accountant would have no problem juggling things around to get around a rule like that.