Under 18s win the Development League North!

You always used to get one or two u18s raved about and talked up for a big future with us but it seems in this group there's half a dozen that people think are going to make it into the first team and beyond?

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

There's no point in having an Academy if you aren't going to use the players coming through particularly when they are of an high standard which this group of players seem to be? Over to you Steve lol

Seen these lads play around 8 games this season and believe me not one of them at first team level at present 

11 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Seen these lads play around 8 games this season and believe me not one of them at first team level at present 

These boys are at least 3 years away from pushing for first team squad recognition. Let them develop with good coaching and patience. Magnificent achievement from this group of players and with a fair few moving up to the 23s next season, let’s see how they develop.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

These boys are at least 3 years away from pushing for first team squad recognition. Let them develop with good coaching and patience. Magnificent achievement from this group of players and with a fair few moving up to the 23s next season, let’s see how they develop.

Tottally in agreement 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

According to someone close to the group, who’s opinion I trust, probably Grant, Rice and Dawodu are the nearest to doing that, would you agree?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Grant will be involved in the first team before the end of the season.

He really looks as a top prospect, hope we will indeed use this last few games with little to play for to have a look at talented youngsters like him.

Someone on here said that all U-18's are at least 3 years from been ready to play first team football, hope it is not true.

For all my life I watch Croatia producing talent, and how they do it. It works completly oppsite to how it is done in England, but then again, what do they know...

1 minute ago, scram said:

How does the system work in Croatia?

I'm not a fan of our system

They play mate. If they are good enough they get chance while they are 16 or 17 years old, as clubs over here survive by selling them.

Hard to go into more finer tuned details on here.

If Modrić came through at Chelsea, he would have never got his big break. Or at least it seems so to me.

5 minutes ago, malek said:

They play mate. If they are good enough they get chance while they are 16 or 17 years old, as clubs over here survive by selling them.

Hard to go into more finer tuned details on here.

If Modrić came through at Chelsea, he would have never got his big break. Or at least it seems so to me.

Agreed

Look how many excellent players have been produced at Chelsea but never got a chance to play for them

Hudson-Odoi is probably the only one to be given a genuine chance since Terry

5 minutes ago, scram said:

Agreed

Look how many excellent players have been produced at Chelsea but never got a chance to play for them

Hudson-Odoi is probably the only one to be given a genuine chance since Terry

...and they should be stopped from loaning 40 players a season. Actually I would look to totally rewamp player loaning sistem. Especially regarding U-23 players who got careers ruined under false promisses, and to act as cheap shirt fillers for lower league clubs.