Creating a false picture

3 hours ago, Mycroft said:

I can see your logic but you would be hard impressed to sign players who could guarantee not to be injured.  A large percentage of professional footballers at some point in their career have an injury which keeps them out for months.

On another point why do you think Matias wouldn't stay?  He has cafe business (I hear they do a very good breakfast) so I'm confident he would jump at the chance at staying.  It also makes me wonder if he has already been given assurances that he is staying hence why he opened his cafe.

I'd be happy if he did stay. 

shitty continental stuff, or a full scottish?

Completely right, even just as sqaud fillers they're aren't good enough. Most teams wouldn't have them in their starting 11. I respect people, but nuhiu should be nowhere near our squad along with a few others. 

Edited by Mardy Bum

On 20/04/2019 at 10:52, SallyCinnamon said:

I hope Bruce sees through it. Unlike Jos who gave new deals to Pudil and Nuhiu last season.

Players like Matias and Boyd have done well recently, but neither should be given a new deal. Neither have done enough in their time at Wednesday, and although can’t fault their effort in recent months they both should be replaced. Hooper is no doubt a good player, but even if he scores in the remaining games, at his age and with his injury record (been here almost 4 years and missed large chunks of every season) should not be offered a new deal. 

For those in contract, FF was unplayable last night but has shown time and time again he’s not someone you can rely on or build a team around. Same can be said for Joao.

I don’t know how FFP will hurt us, it might turn out we can’t get better than those out of contract. But for me we need to see a real change in the squad with some ruthlessness no matter how well certain players play every now and again. The fact is, a lot of these players aren’t consistent. And despite the way we played, we STILL got sucker punched and couldn’t see the game out. Which we’ve seen time and time again over the last few years. 

I’m confident Bruce realises this. 

Harsh in some ways but spot on, only way to success in this game is being ruthless, sure brucie will be.