Creating a false picture

I think this will come down to what we can do in the summer with embargo’s 

from my understanding of a soft embargo if this is what’s going to happen again. we can offer current players new deals even on more money but we can’t sign players on more that 10k per week 

so we unless we generate cash and satisfy the football league we will start to get in line I think our incomings might be very tight 

therefore releasing everyone out of contract without significant sales might be  too costly 

my guess is we will only be resigning players on lower wages or players considered to be first team regulars Palmer and Westwood would be givens for me but hooper will be dependent on his terms and who we can get our think he might be released due to the number of strikers we have. I think forestieri will take this role unless we can sell him

players like pudil abdi and jones will definitely go I think lee too I’d release Boyd and matias too but will we be aloud to replace them with better with the restrictions? 

Players at at least two or three players need to be sold in Rhodes, Winnall, Nuhiu Joao, and forestieri. Will we get decent sums or offers maybe not 

then there players like fox, Van aken pelupessy ( I’ve been impressed lately) who I think we could we could improve 

but it then I think the interest will be more likely be in bannan and reach 

it’s going to be interesting summer that’s for sure 

• Like 1

The key to next year will be loan players ( if we are allowed to get them ). I think Bruce is quite good at this. There are lots of good loanees out there. The ones we already have. There’s that kid at Hull who has scored most of their goals, one at Wigan who played well against Leeds yesterday Tammy Abraham is another. They are out there and like I said earlier Bruce knows the market inside out. 

• Like 1

Agree with the OP.

There is absolutely no room for sentiment from the manager. To win this league you need mentally strong characters that are consistent performers, that’s not lost on Bruce.

Hard decisions will be made and I’m sure we will set about the task with urgency.

13 hours ago, simpark said:

The squad needs massive trimming. This picture sums it up - they've had to reduce the font size to fit it on the back of the programme

D4iQBBqWkAEwXzh.jpg

Post if the day, how fecking ridiculous is our squad, millions upon millions have been wasted and for what.

With the exception of Westwood and Hector I wouldn't be sorry to lose anyone.

Hopefully we can sell one or two of our assets ie Reach, Forestieri et al to raise enough cash to fend off FFP and allow Bruce to start again with his blueprint for success.

Guest LondonOwl313
44 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Post if the day, how fecking ridiculous is our squad, millions upon millions have been wasted and for what.

With the exception of Westwood and Hector I wouldn't be sorry to lose anyone.

Hopefully we can sell one or two of our assets ie Reach, Forestieri et al to raise enough cash to fend off FFP and allow Bruce to start again with his blueprint for success.

I count 12 that are kids from when Jos did the raffle for who can sit on the bench each week. Only Penney from those is ready to play a part in the first team.

There are 29 senior pros left including the loanees. 5 of those have no role at all (Jones, Abdi, Pudil, Kieran Lee, Van Aken).. can count on one hand how many those have played this season. Another 2 or 3 aren’t good enough for this level.. Fox, Pelupessy, Nuhui, and a further 3 probably getting released/not renewed in Onomah, Boyd and Matias.

If the rest were fit for a whole season, the first 11 would be top 6 as is evidenced by 36 points from 21 games since Jos went. Issue is of those 18 who are left, at least 4 or 5 miss large numbers of games through injury. I’d be happy to just add 5 signings to what we already have and release the weaker players. We aren’t in a position to replace the whole squad and results suggest we don’t need to, just need to add some quality.

We can rip up the squad and start again if we go up.. FFP makes it impossible to do beforehand. If we get decent offers for anyone then they should all be considered vs how much it would cost to bring in a younger better player

18 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I hope Bruce sees through it. Unlike Jos who gave new deals to Pudil and Nuhiu last season.

Players like Matias and Boyd have done well recently, but neither should be given a new deal. Neither have done enough in their time at Wednesday, and although can’t fault their effort in recent months they both should be replaced. Hooper is no doubt a good player, but even if he scores in the remaining games, at his age and with his injury record (been here almost 4 years and missed large chunks of every season) should not be offered a new deal. 

For those in contract, FF was unplayable last night but has shown time and time again he’s not someone you can rely on or build a team around. Same can be said for Joao.

I don’t know how FFP will hurt us, it might turn out we can’t get better than those out of contract. But for me we need to see a real change in the squad with some ruthlessness no matter how well certain players play every now and again. The fact is, a lot of these players aren’t consistent. And despite the way we played, we STILL got sucker punched and couldn’t see the game out. Which we’ve seen time and time again over the last few years. 

I’m confident Bruce realises this. 

Matias and Boyd should definitely be binned. They've both just not been good enough in the time they've been here.

Hooper, Forestieri and Joao, on the other hand, are our most naturally talented players.

I think we'd be mad not to offer Hooper another year. There's no way you get a striker of his ability for less than £5m these days. Its worth the risk, unless the medical team flags an ongoing problem.

Forestieri- well he's not been at it like he can be consistently for a long time. In hindsight we should have sold him for £15m when we had the chance. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though. Selling him for the low price some of our fans are quoting now would be cutting off our nose to spite our face. £5m+ and you'd think about it

Joao- has beens hands down the best player on the pitch in many games over the last 2 years, and scored a lot of goals. Admittedly gets niggling injuries too often. Definitely on an upward trajectory in his performances though. Wouldn't sell him unless we get a big offer. 

As long as the crocks go that’s all that matters. We were noticeably better with fitter players against Norwich , taking the game to them . Leeds was painful to watch . 

Id sell reach and bannan if good offers Come in . 

Hooper should deffo be released , no time for past it crocks . I’d like Boyd to go , but I fear he will stay. Matias I’d be okay either way 

20 hours ago, Johnny Concrete said:

I must be the only fan who thinks differently, I honestly do not see what he contributes apart from running around. He has the pace of Kirk Douglas.

No, I can guarantee you that you are not the only fan who thinks differently. The guy should not be anywhere near the starting 11. I've only got as far as your post but worries me that people are saying he could be an interesting one as he's started playing well. Seriously, the guy has been shocking since he arrived and this club and infuriates me as to how poor he has been yet some seem to think he might get an extension as he's had 1 decent game. Let's judge his time here on the 2 years and millions of pounds he's taken not just on one half decent performance. 

I think the general thrust of what the OP is saying is correct, mainly because we are not in a position to gamble on players who have, for the most part, failed to deliver. Yes there has definitely been an improvement in players like Boyd, but for us, it’s too risky to contemplate a new deal. Matias, yes potentially he is a very effective wide player who can score goals (unlike Aarons) However, I still wouldn’t renew, and don’t think he’d stay anyway 

Sentiment almost sways me, when it comes to Hooper and Lee, because, if fit, they could be very important players for us. Don’t believe we are in a position to take that chance though. For similar reasons, there must be question marks about signing Aarons and Lazaar as well, and certainly Onomah. Like Hooper and Lee, I suspect, if all were fit, they could be useful additions to the squad. 

21 hours ago, Jackie Sewell said:

I went to Carrow rd two years ago when they were inconsistent. They beat Forest 5-1 that day. This season I could only recognise one player from that time, Klose. So they've managed to transform their squad in one season with " unknowns " ?

Shows what selling players at the right time can do. Maddison was sold for big money, they replaced him with players capable of getting them promoted. We should be prepared to sell someone like Reach to better the squad! That’s if someone bids a decent amount for him. 

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

As long as the crocks go that’s all that matters. We were noticeably better with fitter players against Norwich , taking the game to them . Leeds was painful to watch . 

Id sell reach and bannan if good offers Come in . 

Hooper should deffo be released , no time for past it crocks . I’d like Boyd to go , but I fear he will stay. Matias I’d be okay either way 

So you would start by getting rid of the crocs (latest buzz word) but be ok keeping Matias one of the biggest crocs (buzz word )?

13 hours ago, fpowl said:

I think this will come down to what we can do in the summer with embargo’s 

from my understanding of a soft embargo if this is what’s going to happen again. we can offer current players new deals even on more money but we can’t sign players on more that 10k per week 

so we unless we generate cash and satisfy the football league we will start to get in line I think our incomings might be very tight 

therefore releasing everyone out of contract without significant sales might be  too costly 

my guess is we will only be resigning players on lower wages or players considered to be first team regulars Palmer and Westwood would be givens for me but hooper will be dependent on his terms and who we can get our think he might be released due to the number of strikers we have. I think forestieri will take this role unless we can sell him

players like pudil abdi and jones will definitely go I think lee too I’d release Boyd and matias too but will we be aloud to replace them with better with the restrictions? 

Players at at least two or three players need to be sold in Rhodes, Winnall, Nuhiu Joao, and forestieri. Will we get decent sums or offers maybe not 

then there players like fox, Van aken pelupessy ( I’ve been impressed lately) who I think we could we could improve 

but it then I think the interest will be more likely be in bannan and reach 

it’s going to be interesting summer that’s for sure 

Interesting you have done your research, could the club sign players on £10,000 and then sort of under the table promise them a wage rise once the embargo is over?

1 minute ago, the monk said:

So you would start by getting rid of the crocs (latest buzz word) but be ok keeping Matias one of the biggest crocs (buzz word )?

Yeah, its all in the definition of the word Abdi might get back in the side and never have an injury. (yes I know I'm taking it to the extreme)  A difficult one to sort the "crocs" from the none "crocs". 

I'd be happy if Matias stayed as I believe his injury record before coming to the UK was very good.  Now that he's over his injuries, I'm confident that he's capable of making a vital contribution to the club.

Buzz words can be dangerous. 

• Haha 1