Jump to content

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, ruscol85 said:

Best keeper on the books according to jos... jesus...westwood saves both of them

Westwood saves neither of them because he “hurt his knee” in the warm up just prior to a game away at top of the league free scoring Norwich.....just like he was “tired” just prior to the game away at top of the league West Brom and just like he “felt sick in the warm up” away at Bristol City a few seasons ago after being unsettled by theor 2 big centre halves

 

Good though he is, strange how these things never happen at home to the likes of Bolton

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont think now is the time to knock Dawson. he had 20 mins to prepare for the game and one of the best keepers boots in the division to fill.

What worries me more is the fact the defence seem less confident when he is in the net. However that did get better as the game went on.

 

Will be our long term number one Dawson.  Mark my words.

The defence looked pretty confident to me 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Ian said:

Westwood saves neither of them because he “hurt his knee” in the warm up just prior to a game away at top of the league free scoring Norwich.....just like he was “tired” just prior to the game away at top of the league West Brom and just like he “felt sick in the warm up” away at Bristol City a few seasons ago after being unsettled by theor 2 big centre halves

 

Good though he is, strange how these things never happen at home to the likes of Bolton

Still, I would like to have seen Westwood in the net, even if Dawson did well today, and he did, that late goal was what it was.  Dawson isn't a "kid" anymore, he's what, 24 years old?  Bruce will know what to do with him, this summer, and I trust his judgement.  I think Bruce is already thinking about GK, because Westwood is getting on in years, even for a GK.  But it is funny how the clean-sheets appeared, as soon as Westwood was back.

  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably could have done better with the first goal but not the second.  Bit of a mixed bag really, but he did make some crucial saves.  The defense certainly looks less confident without Westwood in the net though!

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Dawson and wildsmith need to go out on loan. Neither is ready to be no1 here. 

  Signing Westwood has to be the top priority for next season. 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ian said:

Westwood saves neither of them because he “hurt his knee” in the warm up just prior to a game away at top of the league free scoring Norwich.....just like he was “tired” just prior to the game away at top of the league West Brom and just like he “felt sick in the warm up” away at Bristol City a few seasons ago after being unsettled by theor 2 big centre halves

 

Good though he is, strange how these things never happen at home to the likes of Bolton

Didn't  happen at Weeds last week or the grunters a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

The defence looked pretty confident to me 

 

Early on in the match (ironically enough when Dawson looked a little shaky) our defensive line was all over the shop and we didn't seem to have a midfield every time Norwich broke. This changed as the game went on and Dawson looked stronger for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vintage owlstalk , slagging off a keeper who played really well because he’s not westwood . Our canvass really are moronic at times .... 

 

id choose to focus on how much sharper we looked without bannan (same against West Brom) and better up front we looked with a forestieri performance of old . Brilliant performances from Matias , foresieri , onomah , pelupessy , fletch , even Boyd . 

  • Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JOC , got to agree with you. However, their first goal looks worse everytime you see it, due to Dawson's lateness in getting down to it.

 

He is a decent young keeper, but the observations made by many are spot on, the defence is better with Westwood behind them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me the main point is that lack of organisation when Westwood isn't in goal. The defence seem to be all over the place, like in the first half an hour of last nights match. I don't think that's a coincidence. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Dont think now is the time to knock Dawson. he had 20 mins to prepare for the game and one of the best keepers boots in the division to fill.

What worries me more is the fact the defence seem less confident when he is in the net. However that did get better as the game went on.

 

Will be our long term number one Dawson.  Mark my words.

The back four all had good games, with no help from Dawson who seems to have his boots glued to the goal line. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

JOC , got to agree with you. However, their first goal looks worse everytime you see it, due to Dawson's lateness in getting down to it.

 

He is a decent young keeper, but the observations made by many are spot on, the defence is better with Westwood behind them.

Nothing to do with our defence just standing off their players on the edge of our own area then? Horrendous defending.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson gets shielded from critics because he is youngish and came through the ranks, Judge him based on performances and clean sheets and he isn’t even in the top 15 championship keepers for me.

 

We need to either sign Westwood up again or find a top class keeper.

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He could have done better with both. 

 

First went through him second he made the guys mind up where he was gonna put it had it been plum in the top corner then fair enough but it wasnt. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

The defence looked pretty confident to me 

First 25 mins they were all over the place. but as i said they got better as the game went on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pale Rider said:

The back four all had good games, with no help from Dawson who seems to have his boots glued to the goal line. 

That's testament to Bruce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...