Jump to content
RUMBELOWS91

Saleable assets - who goes?

Recommended Posts

We played some fluent football last night before Bannan came on which suggests he might not be as big a loss as some might think?

 

I've been in the minority for a long time with regards to Reach. I accept he's a good player but I've never rated him as much as some others do. He has ability but he's so one paced and slows our play down a lot of the time. Did we miss him last night? I don't think we did?

 

I don't think we'll ever see the best of Joao here. Undoubted talent but if we can move him on I think we should?

 

Winnall likewise. He'll never cut it here IMO. I think Rhodes will come back and be given a chance. I think we'd struggle to offload Nuhiu but he'll probably be an off the bench option next season anyway?

 

I think if Bruce could get Onomah back he would and I think under Bruce he would be a very influential player. If you could guarantee Aarons and Lazaar's fitness, I think he would try and get them back.

 

There will be changes but perhaps not as many as we might think or want?

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winnall, Rhodes, Reach, Dawson, Wildsmith, Fox, Joao, if we can move some or all of these would be good, don't think we'll get anywhere near what some are quoting but they will be on hefty wages.Keep Abdi to keep the physios busy :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Been plenty of games where Reach has carried us. Without his performances before Xmas we would have been in the bottom 3. If any offers above 10 million come in I would take it but not any less.

 

I disagree. His fantastic goals and effort helped us to get results but his all round play over 90 minutes is not capable of carrying us. I count remember more games where he was anonymous than ones which he controlled. If the right bid comes in he would be replaceable, I would take anything above £8M and that is an inflated price based on the attention his goals this season have brought.

He is an asset to the team and would be in my current first 11 in the formation we usually play without a doubt but in our financial situation he is potentially our most profitable sale. Forestieri hasn't done it consistently for a while but last season was due to a major injury and this season it has been niggles and off field stuff. If Bruce feels he can get the best out of him I would consider keeping him currently as his value in the market will currently be below his true worth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it will be more difficult to sell players than many suggest. Clubs use the loan market more now and it can prove more cost effective. I could see someone coming in for Reach as he’s energetic, reasonably young, fit and he’s a good professional. I don’t think we will get more than £9m for him tho. 

 

Its going to be an interesting summer but at least we’ve got a manager who knows what he’s doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

DC needs to be realistic with transfer fee expectations. None of our players would attract Premier League interest, therefore the market is Championship or abroad,  neither is going to pay top dollar. Big job for Bruce to convince DC it's in the best interest of the club to be realistic to allow further investment in the squad.

 

Leaving speculation of fees aside, think Bruce will be actively looking to move on Rhodes, Winnall, Nuhiu, Joao and will consider offers for the rest on their merits, most likely to attract interest being Reach, Bannan and FF. 

 

Suspect very few of the out of contract players will be offered new deals, bar Westwood and Palmer, this could fund our allocation of 5 x loan signings, with permanent signings being funded by departures. The only exception to this might be Hector, who I hope we do early business for after last years debacle with Venancio. Last year of his contract and seems at home here, so would hope we'd be in pole position to sign him.

 

 

Edited by striker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reach and Fessi. Everyone depends on FFP what we do. 

 

I haven’t got got a clue what needs to be done for FFP. 

 

Do we need $10m to get over the line? When did the clock start? when’s the 3 years up? it’s it calculated over 3 years? Does it reset or continue year on year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Even if FFP wasn't in the picture I think Bruce will listen to any offers simply to freshen the squad up and put his own stamp in the side.

 

 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Winnall, Joao, Nuhiu, Bannan, Van Aken, Pelupessy, Rhodes and Fox. if anybody comes in and bids money they are gone. believe all are not quite what SB wants in respective positions. Most are too slow to play high pressing high tempo football and Joao is just inconsistent which is no good if leading the line.

 

I suspect Westwood, Palmer will be offered deals. if Lee shows old form in training could see him being kept as has energy to play high tempo pressing game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Even if FFP wasn't in the picture I think Bruce will listen to any offers simply to freshen the squad up and put his own stamp in the side.

 

 

 

Was it Dalian Atkinson or Mel Sterland (or both) we sold and brought in Palmer, King, Nilsson, Williams, etc. basically bought a new team. 

 

If only you could find decent players now for peanuts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rogers said:

 

Was it Dalian Atkinson or Mel Sterland (or both) we sold and brought in Palmer, King, Nilsson, Williams, etc. basically bought a new team. 

 

If only you could find decent players now for peanuts 

 

Dalian money fee (£1.6m) paid for Williams (£750k) and Wilson(£200k) Flash Gordon (£500k)   and left some money over for wages for a couple of squad bolstering freebies. Think is was Big Viv and Steve MacKenzie but I might be wrong.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, who have we got that somebody would pay for?

FF, REACH, BANNAN, thats it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

We played some fluent football last night before Bannan came on which suggests he might not be as big a loss as some might think?

 

I've been in the minority for a long time with regards to Reach. I accept he's a good player but I've never rated him as much as some others do. He has ability but he's so one paced and slows our play down a lot of the time. Did we miss him last night? I don't think we did?

 

I don't think we'll ever see the best of Joao here. Undoubted talent but if we can move him on I think we should?

 

Winnall likewise. He'll never cut it here IMO. I think Rhodes will come back and be given a chance. I think we'd struggle to offload Nuhiu but he'll probably be an off the bench option next season anyway?

 

I think if Bruce could get Onomah back he would and I think under Bruce he would be a very influential player. If you could guarantee Aarons and Lazaar's fitness, I think he would try and get them back.

 

There will be changes but perhaps not as many as we might think or want?

I thought Onomah was our worse player yesterday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Honestly, who have we got that somebody would pay for?

FF, REACH, BANNAN, thats it.

Theirs players we won't get much or anything for, but we've still got to try and move them out, get their wages off our budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rogers said:

I thought Onomah was our worse player yesterday 

 

We were arguably better with him on the pitch that when he wasn't? One of those players who doesn't stand out but makes the team more effective?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

 

We were arguably better with him on the pitch that when he wasn't? One of those players who doesn't stand out but makes the team more effective?

I’m not so sure, I’m not sure what type of player he is, box to box (no - doesn’t score - runs about but hardly ever makes great Palmer-K Lee breaks into the box nor tracks back), defensive (no - he’s not the best getting stuck in) playmaker (no - his passing isn’t great), he just seems lost to me and gives the ball away too much. 

 

But the game is all about opinions. 

 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant we just become Manchester City and get them to buy Pudil for £174m?

 

Just me then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Even if FFP wasn't in the picture I think Bruce will listen to any offers simply to freshen the squad up and put his own stamp in the side.

 

 

 

I totally agree Snoots. Bruce said in his pre Norwich Presser that this squad has been together for years , and in my opinion it is stale and ageing. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, nilsson said:

 

Are you serious? Some posters on here have unrealistic values of our players.

 

You can blame Carlos and Jos but the main reason we’ve been midtable the last two seasons is that the majority of our squad are average championship players.

 

And which teams in the championship are actually spending money?

Gary Madine was bought for 6 million

 

I'll leave that there

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let's play Football Manager. Hypothetical values attached. Let's say we have to raise £12m. Who goes?...

 

Reach £12m

Rhodes £3m

Winnall £2m

Joao £4m

Forestieri £4m

Bannan £3m

Lees £3m

Nuhiu £2m

 

 

Nuhui 2 mill ??and Reach 12,think you may be about right with rest 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Gary Madine was bought for 6 million

 

I'll leave that there

 

Still can’t believe Warnock paid that for Madine but it was the January window and he was in form at the time. 

 

You can see the odd inflated price in January when teams are going for promotion. Look at what we paid for Rhodes.

 

I’ll have a side bet with you if you want? Other than maybe Forestieri, not one player will fetch the fee quoted in the original post this summer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...