Ref tonight

Where did they get 5 mins from? 

For a change we got the good side of a couple of big decisions. Doesn’t flippin happen often, but how they found 7 mins from that game is laughable. 

The ref WANTED Norwich to have another go, he let them have that attack. And that dive in the D summed it all up really. 

You just know that if it was Norwich winning, they’d have put 3 mins on the board. 

Don’t get me wrong, he was poor for both sides. Unfortunatley that standard of refereeing is what we come to expect in this league. 

7 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He was doing OK for us until the end!

I think he will be assessed as having a shocker.

Keepers usually get sent off for deliberate handball, regardless of how stupid the incident was. We scored a goal from Fletcher's arm. He gave Norwich a free-kick for a blatant dive with the player begging at him from 5 yards away as he threw himself at Matias. He then allowed the free-kick to be taken from the wrong position which made it easier to get it up and down than it would have been from the spot where the alleged foul took place. He gave 5 minutes stoppage time for what exactly? No physio on 2nd half, no warnings to hurry up and no bookings for time wasting and only 4 substitutions in the 45 minutes prior to the board going up.

All crucial decisions that impacted on the game.

I was fuming with the 5 added minutes, it's like he just picked his favourite number. However, had he just played 5 extra minutes we'd have won. Their equaliser was scored in the 97th FFS. 

Woke up this morning still proper angry mad about it. Boooooooooooooooo!!

You know when you're on one of those keep fit malarkey's, (usually a new year thingy), "I can do this, another 5, oh yeah feeling good, just a couple more, that'll do". Just a shame for us the Swiss roll was on one.

• Like 1

Guest The Horse

Refs have this drilled into them at ref school:

If referreeing a game involving SWFC , the following rules apply during the decision making process for added time.

Situation 1) Wednesday need a goal = 3 mins or less injury time.

Situation 2) Wednesday lead by a singular goal = 5 mins minimum.

This rule is mandatory and eternal.

11 hours ago, Animis said:

I think it's a mandatory 30 secs for the sub.

We were a foot in by Matias and that cleaned up field from winning the game. Very small margins, 2 seconds in this case, which if it had actually meant something i would be verging on suicide.

Matias was fouled though. Watching the replay back his legs were taken out from under him.

Tbf I'd have taken a draw before the game. Shame it ended that way.