Joey Pelupessy

I tried to post about Joey Pelupessy recently.

Half way through the post I had a mild heart attack, indeed I did not finish my post but somehow managed to hit send, and some of you then had discussion around my half finished post!  I  have been recovering since, indeed this is he first time I have been back online since.

I forget now what my main point was, but I was going to suggest something along the lines of the fact that I think there is a player in there that has not been allowed out previously.   I think the standard of opposition he had against him was not at Championship standard and I am not sure why Jos thought he was the man for the job, but I still think he has been played incorrectly given what you can see about him on youtube etc.   He seemed to be more attack minded under his previous club.

I will be proved right or wrong soon, as if Bruce doesn't think the same as me, he'll be gone i'm sure in the close season.

I think he screened the back four better than Hutchinson did TBH. Norwich didn’t seem to be as free-flowing in their movement and play in the second-half hence the one shot on target from a set play.  One of his better displays for us. 

6 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I think he screened the back four better than Hutchinson did TBH. Norwich didn’t seem to be as free-flowing in their movement and play in the second-half hence the one shot on target from a set play.  One of his better displays for us. 

Correct. Hutchinson for the first was dire . If joey did that ,there would be a a 25 page thread slagging him off 

Credit where it's due because I thought he played well.

He always plays with 100% commitment, and certainly has no fitness issues in terms of his running and getting around the pitch, but it's just that he's so often 'late to the scene', and the comparison to Hutchinson in this regard is quite marked.

I thought he did very well last night though against what are probably the division's best. Norwich play it through their midfield very quickly and I would have predicted Pelupessy to struggle with that in particular, but on the contrary he coped quite well.

He needs to make this his performance level now.