WESTWOOD OUT

Guest Ash76
1 minute ago, modboy said:

Westwood would have saved that 

Westwood is injured, again

For what he will cost us I think we’d be better off trying to source a keeper that’s younger, fitter and cheaper that could be our new number 1 for the next 3+ years.

Although I prefer Dawson, neither of the youngsters are ready for this level week in week out just yet

i hope Westwood can at least get back for QPR, he deserves a good send off

Best keeper in the league gets injured and all of a sudden we'd be better off without.

Dawson is a great keeper.

Whilst here on planet earth Westwood is absolutely vital to us and we need to keep him at all costs.

Dawson has a big future but at this moment in time he is no more than adequate cover.

Ffs only on owlstalk.

16 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Anyone else remember Dawson's penalty save against the pigs?

Indeed, and believe it or not that's what keepers are there to do. Every keeper has to be a shot stopper first and foremost but the best keepers have that bit of extra quality, can organise their defense, can read a game, can make an intervention before the save is required and all that comes with time and experience hence why Dawson and Wildsmith need game time away from the club on season long loans.

Knee injuries are not good, Hope it is not a serious one or we have definitely seen last of him.

Dawson looked nervous tonight. The fans need to get behind the lad,, he did not pick himself and is not responsible for situation. I think he lacks confidence stood no chance with second goal.

Guest samowl
3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Dawson is a good back up though and excellent keeper.

But not Westwood.

No. He isn't. He's well dodgy. Nobody can understand how he ended up in front of Wildsmith given Ross's reluctance to play Keiron. 

First goal went under him..FFS 

Guest LondonOwl313

Westwood plays we probably win tonight.. he’d have probably stopped the first one. Plus I’ve no idea why we didn’t have anyone on the posts for the free kick, but not sure I’d blame that on the keeper. 

Dawson is a good shot stopper, has some potential but it’s the little things that are the difference between conceding goals and not. Don’t think it’s a coincidence that when he plays we don’t keep any clean sheets.

I’d get him out on loan and see how he goes. Could just as easily end up in the lower leagues as he could make it here. It’s hard to break through and play at championship level and above. 

8 hours ago, samowl said:

No. He isn't. He's well dodgy. Nobody can understand how he ended up in front of Wildsmith given Ross's reluctance to play Keiron. 

First goal went under him..FFS 

We've already been through this on the matchday thread. The goal wasn't Dawson's fault.

Shot at pace, along the floor and through bodies whilst he's moving the other way is a difficult save to make. 

• Haha 1

Guest Hirst1867
12 hours ago, Ash76 said:

For what he will cost us I think we’d be better off trying to source a keeper that’s younger, fitter and cheaper that could be our new number 1 for the next 3+ years.

Although I prefer Dawson, neither of the youngsters are ready for this level week in week out just yet

Image result for dont do drugs kids

12 hours ago, Ash76 said:

Sad thing is you might be right. Neither Dawson or Wildsmith are consistent enough to play a full season yet. 

But I don't think we can right now lose Westwood. Looking at available keepers, there's no one there of his quality.

For what it's worth, I think we'll offer him a deal but he'll move on himself. If that's the case, hoping we attempt to sign Karl Darlow.