Gary Cahill

How anybody can say Hector is better is beyond me - Cahill has and still is playing at the very top level.

If he’d take a huge pay cut to play for his boyhood team then we would be mad not to go for it. But the only link is that he is a Wednesday fan and is from Sheffield / Dronfield.

So overall, not the greatest thread in Owlstalk history.

46 minutes ago, Quist said:

Would be a good player but far too expensive for us to sign, he will go to Premier club or abroad.

He may move across the pond to play in the MLS with the new 'franchises' joining the league. FC Cincinnati will be looking for marquee signings and FC Inter Miami and Nashville join in 2020, so there will be a fair few out of contract players heading to the States methinks

1 minute ago, the monk said:

They also think hes a Wednesday fan 

......he used to travel up to Hillsborough with Michael Palin

Palin might be a bit too old. Maybe offer him a 1 year deal and see how it pans out...

17 hours ago, Minton said:

He is on £130,000 per week at Chelsea.

Our top earner is on a quarter of that and we are entering another soft embargo.

He also turned down moves to Juventus, Monaco and Fulham in the January transfer window, so I'm not sure what appeal we would have, other than him being from Sheffield. 

Next.

Yeah and in a couple of month he will be on £0 per week 

when he signed that contract he was in the England team and competing for trophies as a regular 

only way he’s getting that money is in America and China and I doubt he will get that 

I think he will be looking at 30-60k per week realistically

I can see this being a realistic target as our captain for the next 2 years 

30-40k is stupid money but you could look at it as abdi 

with boyd, abdi, hooper, Westwood, Jones, pudil, Palmer all out of contract and a few on the transfer market this is far from unrealistic 

plus Bruce likes a few experienced pros in the side 

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Yeah and in a couple of month he will be on £0 per week 

when he signed that contract he was in the England team and competing for trophies as a regular 

only way he’s getting that money is in America and China and I doubt he will get that 

I think he will be looking at 30-60k per week realistically

I can see this being a realistic target as our captain for the next 2 years 

30-40k is stupid money but you could look at it as abdi .

with boyd, abdi, hooper, Westwood, Jones, pudil, Palmer all out of contract and a few on the transfer market this is far from unrealistic 

plus Bruce likes a few experienced pros in the side 

30-60k realistically? 2 champions league teams wanted to sign him less than 3 months ago, one of which has doubled the wages of another out of contract player recently (Ramsey). Plus there will be lower end premier league teams wanting to strengthen their teams and promoted sides looking to add premier league experience to their squads, so he won't have a shortage of offers. Plenty will be £100k+ offers and he will more than likely be moving on to a team that will pay him what he is currently earning at Chelsea (or more, as there is no transfer fee involved).

And even with all that aside, we are having to work within the confines of the P&S rules, so how would 30-60k be realistic for us?