Gary Cahill

If he's put of contract at the end of the season and will exept a huge wage decrease then may not be a bad stop gap for a couple of seasons. 

I don't remember him missing much football due to injuries and keeps himself quite fit. 

Also if you remember Bruce had Dawson at an older age marshaling and captaining his promotion winning Hull side. I'm not a fan of signing old crocks like we have been, but in Bruce's judgement I'll trust. 

4 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

If he's put of contract at the end of the season and will exept a huge wage decrease then may not be a bad stop gap for a couple of seasons. 

I don't remember him missing much football due to injuries and keeps himself quite fit. 

Also if you remember Bruce had Dawson at an older age marshaling and captaining his promotion winning Hull side. I'm not a fan of signing old crocks like we have been, but in Bruce's judgement I'll trust. 

Good points. He took JT and it worked, sort of (?) 

Probably won't happen but as far as wages are concerned it has happened in the past where players have gone to their boyhood club for much reduced wages. Can't think that Cahill is short of a bob or two.

9 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

Why daft moron ? 

He is on £130,000 per week at Chelsea.

Our top earner is on a quarter of that and we are entering another soft embargo.

He also turned down moves to Juventus, Monaco and Fulham in the January transfer window, so I'm not sure what appeal we would have, other than him being from Sheffield. 

Next.