Bruce - Norwich Bullets

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He’s my favourite player but surely Hooper will have to go. All logic points that way. Therefore, a Rhodes-Fletcher front two is an obvious way forward. We know Rhodes can’t lead a line, but with Fletcher playing that role and Rhodes playing off him it could work well in our 442.

Please no 

I’d rather Rhodes move on in the summer, let alone be in the first team 

Tried,tested, and not good enough anymore 

Edited by FreshOwl

29 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Please no 

I’d rather Rhodes move on in the summer, let alone be in the first team 

Tried,tested, and not good enough anymore 

Agreed he should be made available. It’s just about finding a club who will have him and pay his wages and a small fee.

44 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

Bruce is right, I cannot remember any club having this amount of injuries. It could be the style of training foreign managers have, no doubt Bruce will sort this out pre season.

I think FF, Reach ,Winnall, Hooper etc will go to raise the money we need to buy Hector and help with general finances. We need fast wingers who can cross a ball, then if we do play with Fletcher and Rhodes they would have more opportunities to score. When Rhodes played here we hardly ever crossed the ball, things are already a lot better than under Jos.

Doubt whether Rhodes will be going to Norwich, with their current front two any other striker would struggle to get a game, so this has not helped Rhodes.

Offering Westwood and Palmer contracts would be good and a short contract with options to Lee and Penney depending on early pre season training

I don’t think Penny is out of contract this summer so no need to do anything until we see how he does next season 

7 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Interesting comments about Rhodes, I've long suspected he will get a chance under Bruce and Bruce will be the man to get him firing again.

Got a feeling before and after Bruce’s comments that Norwich have that option to buy 

they might need more strikers next year and have to go two up top more to make it stick 

I can see him going as a fee will already be agreed and he’s a decent pro 

53 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

I don’t think Penny is out of contract this summer so no need to do anything until we see how he does next season 

If I’m not mistaken, Penney has already signed a contract extension

Guest Ash76
9 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Can you up your game a bit?

It's not too much to ask... what do you mean?

That he goes back to Huddersfield,. They have history for that kind of thing, Booth.

They could afford it now too after a 2 year stay in the PL

I thought Huddersfield might come to our rescue, they are the sort of club, with parachute money, who could take a gamble on him Perhaps might have been more likely had they been managed by some old school British manager

Some sort of Reach breakdown was inevitable eventually. We've ridden him like a BMX for three straight seasons.

Barely missed a minute of first team football, and put twice the miles in that anyone else has.

39 games in his first season, 46 (!!) last year, and 41 this. 98% pitch time in total this year, and directly involved in 1/3 of our goals.

If anybody has earned an early holiday, it's this lad. Absolutely pivotal to our overall chances next season, whether it registers on the pitch or in the coffers.
Personally I hope it's the former, but either way, he needs and deserves a rest now.

CC basically ran Kieran Lee into the ground, and it cost us big time. I'd be driving Reach to the all-inclusive myself right now, if I was Bruce.

• Like 1

Guest gizowl

Rhodes issue is a difficult one, if Norwich go up, think they'll want better than him, he's not a target man, no pace, so no good with Fletcher or Hooper, if we can get rid, think this would be the best option.