Bruce - Norwich Bullets

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Injuries continue to bedevil us Not sure what can be done about it People were quick to blame Carlos for signing crocks, but we continue to do so Personally, I think it has more to do with what we are doing here A lot of the crocks had little or no history of injury, until they came here

And yet every pre-season, whoever the manager is seems to claim we'll be doing things differently in training.

The only obvious common factor is the training ground and facilities - can they be that bad though? They may not be up to the standard of many other Championship clubs (and certainly not Prem clubs), but I can't imagine they'll compare so badly with most League One and Two clubs - clubs that play at least as many games as us - and yet it's not like you only ever hear about clubs at that level enduring season after season of long injury lists.

I'd like to think that Bruce can sort this out, but it's not altogether obvious why he's going to succeed where so many before him have failed.

2 minutes ago, cowl said:

And yet every pre-season, whoever the manager is seems to claim we'll be doing things differently in training.

The only obvious common factor is the training ground and facilities - can they be that bad though? They may not be up to the standard of many other Championship clubs (and certainly not Prem clubs), but I can't imagine they'll compare so badly with most League One and Two clubs - clubs that play at least as many games as us - and yet it's not like you only ever hear about clubs at that level enduring season after season of long injury lists.

I'd like to think that Bruce can sort this out, but it's not altogether obvious why he's going to succeed where so many before him have failed.

Yet before Carlos our injuries were never that bad. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Bit worrying he hasn’t spoke to DC about finances. 

I strongly suspect that isn't true.

Bruce seems to say whatever he needs to say in these press conferences in order to avoid further questions - not that I blame him, it's perfectly reasonable and sensible that he want to keep his cards close to his chest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cowl said:

The youth teams all train and play up there too don't they.

They don't seem to have all these injuries.

Obviously they're younger and more , erm, bendy, (you know what I mean) but surely if it was just the training facilities they'd be picking up their share?

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

The youth teams all train and play up there too don't they.

They don't seem to have all these injuries.

Obviously they're younger and more , erm, bendy, (you know what I mean) but surely if it was just the training facilities they'd be picking up their share?

Yep, you'd expect that. From the outside, there's no obvious explanation that fits - but it seems that that's also the case even from the inside.

Could it really be just bad luck? It just doesn't seem plausible to me. And in any case, working to the assumption that it's just bad luck hardly gives you a plan to sort the problem out.

2 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

It looks like there’s going to be big changes which is good. Expect Westwood and Palmer will be offered new deals but the rest could all go. I know Bruce likes Boyd but I hope he sees common sense and releases him. 

Agree, no room for sentiment. He realises the squad needs a major overhaul. 

1 minute ago, cowl said:

Yep, you'd expect that. From the outside, there's no obvious explanation that fits - but it seems that that's also the case even from the inside.

Could it really be just bad luck? It just doesn't seem plausible to me. And in any case, working to the assumption that it's just bad luck hardly gives you a plan to sort the problem out.

Not sure if Scram has posted in this topic before, he must have.

I think there's research out there comparing grass pitcher to astro etc and not found an increase injury, so that suggests it might not be the facilities (although, I'm not sure what our treatment options are like etc)

• Thanks 1

I think there'll be contract offers to Palmer and Westwood for certain, but I think we'll offer Hooper something too (though probably less than he was on). The way he was talking about Lee hints that he might be here next season too.

43 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Tbh it will be interesting to see how Rhodes performs under a proper footballing manager but again can we afford to keep him? Would rather cash in and see what we get but who would want him. 

Think it has to be said that Norwich also have a proper footballing manager too. Problem is he never puts Rhodes in his starting eleven.

Guest gizowl

Those wanting Arons on a season long loan, beware injury records very poor, got biscuit legs, we've had enough of these. Good talent but risky. 

35 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

He’s my favourite player but surely Hooper will have to go. All logic points that way. Therefore, a Rhodes-Fletcher front two is an obvious way forward. We know Rhodes can’t lead a line, but with Fletcher playing that role and Rhodes playing off him it could work well in our 442.

More pace less forward play . Just what we need