• Chris Woods
    • Pavel Srnicek
    • David Lucas
    • Lee Grant
    • Nicky Weaver
    • Chris Kirkland
    • Kieren Westwood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/19 at 19:00

On 19/04/2019 at 22:27, Nath83 said:

Maybe blinkered by him being the most recent, but voted Westwood. Think he could out perform the others I have seen play in their time with us. Haven't seen Springett play.

Always difficult to compare over the years.

The game and game preparation has changed to.

I just went with the one who didn't have me papping your pants when a cross came in the box

On 18/04/2019 at 10:53, alanharper said:
I'm far too young to have seen Ron Springett who is probably the most legendary keeper the club has had, so I've got to go for Martin Hodge. Amazingly consistent and a key part of the team that got promoted and then became established in the top flight, saved penalties at Anfield and Old Trafford and only dropped a couple of clangers towards the end of his time here, holds the club record for consecutive appearances that will probably never be beaten, and it's a travesty that he didn't go to the World Cup in 1986. And he kept goal with bare hands.

Big shouts out for Pressman and Westwood, but Hodge will always get in my best Wednesday XI.

Nother one for Hodge here 

Ron was my all time favorite keeper,he benefited from playing in the best Owls side in my time watching,we were strong allover the park,a few tweaks here n there wed have been the strongest,so in a way Ron was quite fortunate,unlike his brother who joined us at a period of deline,those in front of him,lacked the class and quality of the previous years,and at times Pete shouldered the blame,replaced at one stage by Grummitt and other pretenders,he came back as the Barnsley keeper and put in an absolutely astounding display to keep a clean sheet in our promotion season under Big Jack.

So Il swim against the tide and go with Peter Springett,a fine keeper in his own right

2 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Hodge got my vote as he was top class. Rated Pressman Kirkland and Westwood as quality but never saw either of the Springetts. In general though I think we have nearly always had a decent stopper between the sticks. Even Hirsty did a rate job.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling