• Chris Woods
    • Pavel Srnicek
    • David Lucas
    • Lee Grant
    • Nicky Weaver
    • Chris Kirkland
    • Kieren Westwood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/19 at 19:00

1 hour ago, Tank_owl said:

No Ola Tidman? :duntmatter:

The best, nay, only save I ever saw him make was the saving of that injured birds life when it was struck by a stray shot. He scooped that little feathered freind in his big gloves and took him from the field of danger.

• Haha 1

David Lucas was pretty good when we had him as was Lee Grant. Hodge was the first goalie I saw live for Wednesday, that Coventry goal means he, like Woods isn't getting picked :D Not old enough to see a few of those and was never a massive fan of Pressman. I will go for Westwood as he's the only one I have "seen" that I feel comfortable having in goal and not worrying about costing us points. 

In regards to people I've seen it's between Woods, Pressman and Westwood. I'm sure Springett was amazing but i have no point of reference. For me the 1 who has been superb and consistent and really should be playing at a higher level is Westwood. Pressman and Woods were great, but Westwood has been the best keeper in the Championship since joining and i'm amazed he isn't playing in the Premier League. His clean sheets with Lees and Loovens got us in the playoffs 2 seasons running and he's so unlucky not to be in the PL with us. Westwood for me by a fair distance. Love Pressman, but Westwood is better technically and has been our best player at the club for years.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

Anyone who's voted for Pressman was obviously too young to see Ron Springett play:mellow:

True enough, but I wanted to make sure everyone gets a chance to take part in it.

Hopefully get some good debate about various players going too.

really only one answer to this,  Ron Springett  33 England caps when we didnt play teams like San Marino   Etc   -  no disrespect to them or anyone else by the way.  Was keeper in a top six top flight league when it was a much more physical game.  Should have had more caps but for that unfortunate game away to France. I rated him higher than Banks but I would do wouldnt I ?    Having said that  Pressman was awesome in an often struggling side  and we all know how good Westwood is .  For my generation its a no brainer.

• Like 1

Peter Grummitt was the first keeper I saw for Wednesday. Torn between Pressman and Westwood - chose Westwood.

I liked Hodgey and Bolder too but Hodge was never the same reliable keeper after Ogrizovic scored against him into the kop net for Coventry...

I’m too young to have seen Springett so it’s between Hodge, Pressman and Westwood for me. It’s very close but I’ve chosen Westwood purely on the numerous time he’s saved us points. I can remember Hodge and particularly Pressman being brilliant but neither of them have single-handedly won or kept us points as much as Westwood has. 

When I began supporting the massive Ron Springett was coming to the end of his spell with us. He was highly rated by all the older fans but I always thought he was a bit small for a keeper, spectacular shot stopper, agile but not much presence to him in the close quarters company of Andy Lochead, Tony Hateley, John Ritchie (when lining up for Stoke against us) not to mention defenders like John Dempsey, Brian Labone , Ron Yeats, Bill Foulkes, Ian Ure and others piling in for corners. Martin Hodge closely followed by Pressman and Westwood for me. Hodge because of his immense stature, commanding in the area and big hands, met him at Plymouth Argyle in the 90’s smashing bloke too.

Edited by sternlad
Missed info
  • Thanks 1

It has to be Springett really. He must be the keeper with the most international caps gained while playing for Wednesday?

He’s before my time though so I’ve gone for Westwood. He’s slightly ahead of Pressman for me. 

Woods was quality at times for us but he’ll always be remembered some errors in the big games. And my main memory of Hodge is the game where Steve Ogrizovic scored 

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

True enough, but I wanted to make sure everyone gets a chance to take part in it.

Hopefully get some good debate about various players going too.

Okey dokey... I'll start VB by saying am I the only one that didn't rate Pressman that highly. I think that he was in bit myopic because my overriding memory of him is him watching 30 yard shots whistle past his earhole on several occasions.