• Chris Woods
    • Pavel Srnicek
    • David Lucas
    • Lee Grant
    • Nicky Weaver
    • Chris Kirkland
    • Kieren Westwood

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 21/04/19 at 19:00

"So Stubbs, they have spoken. It's to be a traditional 4-4-2."

"Makes things simpler then, Sir."

"Hopefully, because I'm starting to think I might have bitten off more than I can chew here. Anyway now we move on to the players starting with the custodians of the onion bag. There's been some greats, some flappers. Some inbetweeners.I've stuck the main guns in. 50 appearances or more. Also there's no loan signings in here. Though some did make a good impression whilst here."

"Seems fair enough Sir. You'll not please everyone of course"

"No. But there we go. It creates the debate. Anyway. Off we go. Cast your votes people. Who will get the Owlstalk dream team number one, green jersey?

And it will be green too. As it should be. Same as bloody referees should wear bloody black. It's the simiple things they mess with that really get my goat. Needless changes! And don't start me on the bloody needles use of away kit use."

"They're aren't away kits now ,Sir. They're change strips"

"I don't care what they f*cking well call them! They're away kits!"

"Coffee,Sir?"

"I think I'd better"

image.png.f22b740a0b7e0203900f8dc87bfedf68.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

"So Stubbs, they have spoken. It's to be a traditional 4-4-2."

"Makes things simpler then, Sir."

"Hopefully, because I'm starting to think I might have bitten off more than I can chew here. Anyway now we move on to the players starting with the custodians of the onion bag. There's been some greats, some flappers. Some inbetweeners.I've stuck the main guns in. 50 appearances or more. Also there's no loan signings in here. Though some did make a good impression whilst here."

"Seems fair enough Sir. You'll not please everyone of course"

"No. But there we go. It creates the debate. Anyway. Off we go. Cast your votes people. Who will get the Owlstalk dream team number one, green jersey?

And it will be green too. As it should be. Same as bloody referees should wear bloody black. It's the simiple things they mess with that really get my goat. Needless changes! And don't start me on the bloody needles use of away kit use."

"They're aren't away kits now ,Sir. They're change strips"

"I don't care what they f*cking well call them! They're away kits!"

"Coffee,Sir?"

"I think I'd better"

image.png.f22b740a0b7e0203900f8dc87bfedf68.png

Gone for sentimental value on this one, can just remember watching ron springett, you could say it was the start of my journey supporting the owls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

I hope the other positions will have options dating back before the 50/60s. Over 150 years: are you sure that the first 90 years didn't produce a goalie of note?

Players we've seen play!

I know that one or two of the chaps on here in the science section have time machines Tammers, but we have to think of those that don't!

I'm far too young to have seen Ron Springett who is probably the most legendary keeper the club has had, so I've got to go for Martin Hodge. Amazingly consistent and a key part of the team that got promoted and then became established in the top flight, saved penalties at Anfield and Old Trafford and only dropped a couple of clangers towards the end of his time here, holds the club record for consecutive appearances that will probably never be beaten, and it's a travesty that he didn't go to the World Cup in 1986. And he kept goal with bare hands.

Big shouts out for Pressman and Westwood, but Hodge will always get in my best Wednesday XI.
  • Like 1

Ron Springett = Legend Hodge - just before my time.

Only real memory of Chris Turner is him tipping Mark Hugh's header over the bar at Wembley in 1991..

So, only 3 real choices for me, Pressman, Woods & Westwood.

Woods - for all the good games he had, can't really forget the shambles he made of Andy Linighen's header in FA Cup in 1993.

Opting for Pressman, purely as he was in Premier League, where Westwood hasn't had the chance proven himself (although I'm certain he could)..

34 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

There can only be one

World cup winner Ron Springett

Every other position is Roland Nilsson

Ron Springett for me, too.

This was at a time when Gordon Banks, undoubtedly the best keeper in the world, just shaded the Wednesday keeper within the England '66 World Cup winning squad. The only other keeper at the time who came close to these two was Soviet keeper, Lev Yashin, another world class talent and a joy to watch but not as good as Springett or Banks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Players we've seen play!

I know that one or two of the chaps on here in the science section have time machines Tammers, but we have to think of those that don't!

Fair enough.

But it could be a bit depressing for our younger (under 20) fans.