New Merch partner - The Terrace

7 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

12 quid for a coffee mug seems a bit pricey.

What's the going rate for coffee mugs in the UK these days?

They're not just coffee mugs, you can use them for other drinks too. That why they're so expensive. 

41 minutes ago, markg said:

They're not just coffee mugs, you can use them for other drinks too. That why they're so expensive. 

Lol cheers for the clarification, I’m sticking an order in for 6 on the strength of that, it will give my mug tree a new lease of life lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

Absolutely hilarious pricing. In a plain colour it'd cost £1-£1.50 on the high street.

I wouldn't be able to pay twelve quid for a mug without dying of irony. :duntmatter:

Mind you, some of it is pure class, obviously. :ph34r:

swfc-1991-away_1024x1024@2x.jpg.584c70aa440b0f752c41db8cb37382e5.jpg

Remember the match when they gave loads of 'em out for nowt.

We had that many that we were chucking chunks of 'em at each other all match.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

He would move that in volume if priced right but far too expensive

Agreed!

But never mind. No doubt, once these things are available in the shop, the usual suspects will use the pricing as a stick to beat the club with. :ph34r:

For years everyone has been going on about the tat in the club shop. Some effort is made to do something about it and it's just complaints about the prices.

Everything we sell will be in relatively low volume. If Tesco go to a manufacturer in China and say "we want half a million coffee mugs, any design will do" they are going to be a hell of a lot cheaper than when you want 250 in a specific design.

£25 is probably about the going rate for a branded beach towel. Maybe a couple of quid high but not exactly outrageous.

If you want a cheap mug go to Ikea. If you want a collectible, Sheffield wednesday mug, in bespoke colours then buy one of these for a whole 12 quid

12 quid is about the going rate for mugs like this - compare it to other clubs. Compare it to Disney mugs, or other merchandise.

I’ve got a couple these mugs from The Terrace store. They’re really good quality and havent faded at all.