Retro shirt rant!

Theres a thread on this already. There looks to be 3 or 4 "independent" people making these kits - theres a Coventry fan making them too. 

THeyre terrific reimagining of older shirts. The club should be looking to make something similar. They always sell out in a hurry though.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VBQ24 said:

As usual the tat in our Megastore is not worth buying. 

Went in to the Meadowhall store over Christmas, determined to buy this season's home shirt. Ended up leaving empty handed, the quality was dog poo, worse than Primark. The sooner we go to Adidas/Nike the better. 

That surprises me. I've bought the last two seasons' away shirts and they've been the best material quality of any Wednesday shirt I've owned in years -  probably going back as far as the Puma shirts from the mid-'90s (although I recall the quality of the Diadora shirts wasn't too bad). I play football in them most weeks so they've been treated quite roughly, yet they're still pretty much in mint condition.

23 hours ago, Nick13 said:

Not everyone's cup of tea, retro shirts but the older we get, the better the old kits look...……..and oh how we wish we could fit into some of the stuff from our earlier days....

but as you know, they all seem to mysteriously shrink in storage......funny that!

Fair to say there's a big demand for retro shirts amongst certain fans. Toffs Bukta badged retro shirts whiz all over the unbadged ones sold by the club at one point, often wondered why Toffs can and Wednesday can't/won't with that particular kit????

Anyhow, I believe our club made a bit of a song and dance about appointing a new person into merchandising a while ago, finger on the pulse etc,...…..

This is the club that has in house kit manufacturing (from...….Australia!!!!!) that threw sizing out of the window and just went with Asian sizes, or close to them and last season didn't have any larger sized shirts in for 9 months...…….so thank god they appointed someone...…..or did they?...…….no stocks of retro shirts for six months plus (I know these aren't made by elev8) but why isn't stock available?......and nobody at S6 gives a rats bottom.

Cue an enterprising guy...….from Australia again, not advertising for him because the club has threatened him with legal action over his oh so nice, but oh so knock off items, making and selling his own very accurate shirts with embroidered logos and badges, he also does the Blunts, the Dingles and Toytown, so a Yorkshire lad in exile I reckon. So good on him I say, he's tapping into a demand that doesn't exist according to the club if you look at what they are offering in the megabore…..unless you knock a few up yourself to sell to like minded fans...……………..then you are threatening legal action...…...So offer the fans some official ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy's knock offs are so good people are buying them, sticking them on ebay and fans are being duped into bidding on them thinking they are original. there's one on there at the minute at the £100 quid mark...…...and bidding hasn't finished...…….and it's the silver grey with purple stripe Finlux monster that was as popular as a turd in a swimming pool when it came out but is mysteriously worshipped by some these days......

I want an Asda cup final shirt, got the original, minus Asda, of course because they were just one day glory hunter sponsors, but it's old, and I'd like a new one but not for two and three hundred quid, the "collectors" can pay that if they like...………...

So Mr or Miss merchandise guru for our team...…………….where are they?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/april/owls-unveil-new-partnership-with-the-terrace-store/

20 hours ago, VBQ24 said:

As usual the tat in our Megastore is not worth buying. 

Went in to the Meadowhall store over Christmas, determined to buy this season's home shirt. Ended up leaving empty handed, the quality was dog poo, worse than Primark. The sooner we go to Adidas/Nike the better. 

Not sure on that .. the shirts from Elev8 are surprisingly good quality if you ask me .. definitely overpriced though ..

can only imagine if we got Nike or adidas that the price would be even higher with whoever's in charge of pricing at our club!

On 16/04/2019 at 19:31, alanharper said:

The 1991 retro shirts in the club shop are terrible, look like they're covered in white dots.

Fortunately I can still just about squeeze into my original, but most of my others from that era have fallen victim to that strange shrinking in storage affliction. 

I'm not so sure on that tbh.It's more i'm getting fatter and and fatter as i get older and can no longer fit into my retro shirt. :tango::duntmatter:WTF:

22 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

That surprises me. I've bought the last two seasons' away shirts and they've been the best material quality of any Wednesday shirt I've owned in years -  probably going back as far as the Puma shirts from the mid-'90s (although I recall the quality of the Diadora shirts wasn't too bad). I play football in them most weeks so they've been treated quite roughly, yet they're still pretty much in mint condition.

That's good to hear. It was more that the badge looked wonky to me but it could have been my eyes 

lol

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Not sure on that .. the shirts from Elev8 are surprisingly good quality if you ask me .. definitely overpriced though ..

can only imagine if we got Nike or adidas that the price would be even higher with whoever's in charge of pricing at our club!

New Adidas shirts announced for next season!!! 

£250 each :unsure::biggrin: