2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

They took nearly 6,000 to Wigan last Sunday, and that was on TV Anyway, I’m there now, staying til Saturday

I went to that game on Sunday - Wigan played really well and they were unlucky not to win - they outbattled Norwich who only got going in the last ten minutes of the game - they are missing Buendia and if Norwich play like that against us - we'll beat them.

This is always a difficult subject. I'm going to Norwich with a few mates, setting off very early so as to enjoy a few beers, taking in the United game in a pub. It's going to be comfortably a £100 touch. 

I'm fortunate that I can afford this. I'm very aware others cannot. It is what it is. People shouldn't have to justify not going to an away game. That said, having seen Wednesday on 67 grounds over 40 plus years, I recall the frustration I felt in 2016 when I was scrambling around for Wembley tickets for those deemed "deserving" time served supporters. 

We may be all have a sense of entitlement and also a sense of how big our club is, which incorporates our away support. 

I'm slightly disappointed it's not sold out, but not surprised. 

Ordered my ticket last Thursday and the chuffin thing hasn’t turned up yet.

The plan is to leave early Thursday morning with hotel on the coast booked for that night and driving back after game.

i am out until 6 tomorrow and our post arrives anytime between 12:00 and 3pm so will have ring and try and find out what’s happening.

Over a £100 touch for me before food and beer and fuel taken into account.

20 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Can’t really do a night match in Norwich, on a bank holiday, without an overnight stay It’s a good night out anyway, so no rush to get home

So far in this thread you have shown your disappointment at the relatively low numbers making the trip, informed us you are staying in the area all week, had something planned already in Norwich on Friday evening and have now described it as a good night out.

Do you work for the Norfolk tourist board? lol

Guest Jack the Hat
15 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Expensive, awkward to get to, poor kick off time, not much left to play for, on TV.
People don't have an exhaustible amount of money to watch football.

.....and as the midfield failed to turn up for the last match, why should the fans.

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A bit annoying that they switched the times, as I’d arranged something in Norwich for the evening.

Aye, admit it.

You were going to meet up with Jordan Rhodes for a pint and try talking him into coming back to Wednesday next season. WTF:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So far in this thread you have shown your disappointment at the relatively low numbers making the trip, informed us you are staying in the area all week, had something planned already in Norwich on Friday evening and have now described it as a good night out.

Do you work for the Norfolk tourist board? lol

Several good nights out actually, but yes I am doing some work up here in the run up to Easter Think Norwich away has always been one of the better away days

17 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Expensive, awkward to get to, poor kick off time, not much left to play for, on TV.
People don't have an exhaustible amount of money to watch football.

It's an absolute pain in the arse to get too.