We're going to struggle to keep hold of Westwood & Hooper

Playoffs are gone now. So it will be interesting to see who Bruce plays in the final few games. 

Dont see him playing people we ain't going to keep now we have nothing to play for.

If all of a sudden the likes of Boyd, Matias and Hooper are suddenly out of the squad. May be an indication to who may be leaving.

• Like 1

The fact there will be no transfer fee for either will mean they can demand a bigger wage, i.e. the club that signs wont have to pay a transfer fee so can use that on their wages. However, as we know many other clubs are in similar poo to us so splurging big wages on a player like Hooper that has been injury prone is a big risk. The clubs relegated from the Prem can probably afford it but they may just look at injury record and think they can get better value elsewhere.

So, the Agents will talk up their value and suggest others are interested but the truth is more difficult to fathom out.

I wonder if cleckuddersfax would be interested in Rhodes, ex player and all that?

Edited by Tank_owl

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

Rhodes on his way back and we've already got to many strikers so can't see Hooper being offered a contract, use his wages to bring in Hector. 

I wouldn't pin too many hopes on Rhodes. A little bird told me that as soon as we re-start paying his wages, we break FFP or whatever it's now called.

1 hour ago, RichieB said:

He will be on £15k minimum I'd guess, that's big for us when we're facing FFP problems to keep a player who won't play much, if at all. 

It's not big wages for a player of his quality.

And if he can prove his fitness there is no reason he will break down.

Your assertion he won't play much is speculation.

the thing with Westwood is that I'm sure the club if they wanted could build a contract that is heavily bonus related to make up the difference from 16k a week to probably what he is on now (circa 25k a week I'd guess)

also at his age a 3 year deal would look quite appealing especially with his family settled

18 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It's not big wages for a player of his quality.

And if he can prove his fitness there is no reason he will break down.

Your assertion he won't play much is speculation.

Have to agree to disagree on this one mate, i think the club will release him anyway but we'll see. 

Norwich lost their stars last summer, but replaced them with solid team players. We will lose players we would like to keep but I have been encouraged by team performance in last couple of months and a good team performance counts for a lot. I also think SB knows market better than we have had at helm for a number of years so hopefully he can unearth a couple of gems. We also have some young lads coming through who look a cut above what we have had for a while. remain optimistic and we shall improve no matter what.

Had Jos given Westwood the recognition he deserves and played him, not only would we have had more points this season but his contract would probably have been extended and not allowed to run down. If Huddersfield are indeed 'prepared to break the bank' on wages, quite possible as no transfer fee is involved, we won't be able to compete IMO. 

21 hours ago, Mardy Bum said:

Let hooper go and add his wages to Westwoods new contract, we need Westwood to stay. 

Sounds good, but unfortunately we've got to make a big, big cut in wages overall rather than just redistribute them. Bruce will also want to bring in some others too

but if he can keep Westwood that would be brilliant.