• Bannan
    • Lee
    • Hutchinson
    • Reach
    • Pelupessy
    • Reach
    • Jones
    • Abdi
  3. 3. 4-2-3-1 Part 1 ( Pick 2 Base players)

• Bannan
    • Hutchinson
    • Pelupessy
    • Jones
    • Hector
    • Lee
  4. 4. 4-2-3-1 Part 2 (Pick 3 attacking midfield players)

• Boyd
    • Matias
    • Abdi
    • Hooper
    • Forestieri
  5. 5. 3-5-2 - Who's your 5 across the middle. And are you going with defensvie wingbacks or attacking?

• Palmer
    • Iorfa
    • Lazaar
    • Penney
    • Fox
    • Bannan
    • Hutchinson
    • Lee
    • Pelupessy
    • Boyd
    • Matias
    • Forestieri
    • Abdi
    • Jones
    • Aarons
    • Baker

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd be happy to watch that team on a regular basis and fairly confident but as you say, IF FIT. That puts a big question mark over this approach as Lee is a gamble at best and Hutch won't do 46 games. We do not have anyone in the squad that could adequately replace either when playing this formation. In that sense we need two new midfielders to make this work for a full season.

I would agree with Fletcher being the preferred choice up top and in some home games FF could play a wide role when the onus is on us to attack.

However, only having Hooper play every now and again would be a disappointment to me. He is technically one of our best players but doesn't fit into the first 11 in this system and so would be a waste of his talent - and his significant wages. 

I do think as much as we underate him Palmer given games back in midfield as a dm wouldn't let us down. 

He's not as aggressive as hutch, but he is a touch quicker and more mobile. 

Lee ill conced is and has been impossible to cover for whilst he's been injured. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Of all our injuries his has surely been the most costly.

I won't argue with that bud. I've said it almost 2 seasons now. 

We can compete without bannan, Nando, hooper, joao, hutch. 

Lee is/was spark that made us tick. 

Not the quickest or strongest midlefielder, but for me has/had the most complete footballing brain in the side. Awereness, anticipation and composure. 

I used to refer to Lee as "the metronome" just keeps on ticking backwards and forwards. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd be happy to watch that team on a regular basis and fairly confident but as you say, IF FIT. That puts a big question mark over this approach as Lee is a gamble at best and Hutch won't do 46 games. We do not have anyone in the squad that could adequately replace either when playing this formation. In that sense we need two new midfielders to make this work for a full season.

I would agree with Fletcher being the preferred choice up top and in some home games FF could play a wide role when the onus is on us to attack.

However, only having Hooper play every now and again would be a disappointment to me. He is technically one of our best players but doesn't fit into the first 11 in this system and so would be a waste of his talent - and his significant wages. 

Agree with every word 

I do think we need a couple of midfielders in the centre too I think Mo Diame would be a perfect free even if he is getting on a bit he’s quick mobile and physical this would add and he would probably get the nod above Hutchinson who I really rate or lee

with hooper I think we should not rule him out as we can refer to more uptop in some games and certain games might suit a front three or two and he’s ideal for that but I agree it seems a waste to go with that formation and have hooper sidelined 

49 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Don’t think you’ve given us the correct options old bean. In what world is Palmer Lee Hutchinson Bannan Reach not our best midfield 5. 

According to the votes, the world where Iorfa Bannan Hutchinson Lee and Lazaar are!:biggrin: