If money isn't the deciding factor and we're playing 4-4-2 then its Rhodes for for me. He's still got that goalscoring  potential at this level in the right system and I think a pairing with Fletcher could work. However if wages are brought into it then you probably get the most bang for your buck from Nuhiu. Not as a regular obviously but hes a good option from the bench to mix things up. Winnall is neither one thing or the other, works hard but hasn't really shown a great deal in his time with us and Bruce clearly doesn't see  him as anything other than a bit part player at best.

So in reality....probably Nuhiu.

tough one, if we can't recoup the money then I'll go for rhodes, otherwise Nuhiu

Rhodes has the biggest potential to score us the goals we need, if we can't get the money to buy someone with a better chance of that then the likelihood is we'll keep him (reckon we'll keep Nuhiu also though)

Edited by jomaco

So of the 3 would it be a) Winnall who he does play, b) Nuihu who has proved he cannot play or c) the nephew of his assistant Steve Agnew and of the 3 the only player to have scored goals this season at a rate better than 1 in every 10 games. :Sid:

Edited by room0035

Again if money isn't a factor and the recruitment across the team is better, then Rhodes.  We have just never partnered Rhodes with the right players.  Put quality out wide to deliver the ball, a runner in midfield to get beyond the strikers and I still think he would score plenty. 

• Like 1

If you would have asked this 18 months ago, I would have said Winnall but if the decision was to be made now then it has to be Nuhiu. The sad fact is that although Winnall looked to have real potential, neither he nor Rhodes have produced for us. Rhodes looks like a spent force and has done for some time and Winnall has the recovery from a serious injury hanging over him. We know that Nuhiu can come on in the last twenty minutes and disrupt things and that’s why I’d retain him. 

Winnall’s “exile” to Derby was shambolic (as he had real potential before he was moved out) and his subsequent injury was more than frustrating. 

Rhodes’ recruitment was unnecessary and his time at Hillsborough has been disappointing to say the very least. What a disastrous episode. 

So my answer is Nuhiu. 

It all boils down to who we may be able to sell. 

I know a few managers do rate Nuhiu, karanka was one of those that sings his praises along with pullis. 

Winnall would probably fit one of the promoted sides or a Blackburn /Bolton. 

Rhodes is the one I think will probably still be here next season as I'm not sure anyone will stump up cash for him.. 

If we're being realistic I expect joao & Nando to go before them and maybe hoopers contract not renewed and Bruce bringing a quick forward in. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I’d keep Rhodes. I think Bruce’s style of play could get a lot of goals from him. Also, by selling him/giving him away it will be detrimental to our FFP situation.

3 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

I’d keep Rhodes. I think Bruce’s style of play could get a lot of goals from him. Also, by selling him/giving him away it will be detrimental to our FFP situation.

Is this because the loss would reflect immediately, whereas the purchase cost can be spread across several years?