Lord Snooty

Blast from the past - Chris Brunt

1 hour ago, VBQ24 said:

I was walking back from the bogs when he scored that one against Leeds, remember going mad running along the front of the Kop. 

:Sid:

you were on their end?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Chris Brunt, or more to the point the sale of Chris Brunt, was the catalyst for my legal spat with our Chairman of the time.....don't hold it against him though!!

Edited by Ian

Wasn't there story about him going into KWs office to discuss a new contract and KW pretty much ignored him and kept playing on his phone? 

Great delivery of a dead ball.

fantastic goals.

gutted when he left

• Agree 1

Last player where we made some genuine serious wedge.

I know some will say Antonio was a tidy profit turned but I think we had our pants down.

• Agree 1

Last minute winner against Barnsley at the Leppings Lane end springs to mind. Fierce free kick that brought the house down. I think it may have been our first win of the season back in the Championship? He and Whelan were the bright spots at a pretty desperate time. Turner's tenure was a disaster(loved him as a player) but he brought in some good players who helped us gain promotion under King Paul.

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Brunt was a quality player.

Don't think we've had a better crosser since. 

Beast of a left foot. 

We haven't had a free kick taker as good since Brunt.   The lob at Leeds was one of those moments you remember for ever. Was right behind that left hand post and to see it sailing over the keeper and in was brilliant.

4 hours ago, Ian said:

Chris Brunt, or more to the point the sale of Chris Brunt, was the catalyst for my legal spat with our Chairman of the time.....don't hold it against him though!!

I hope you don't end up down that road again Ian, if Chansiri sells Nuhiu! 

;-)

• Haha 2

Quality player . Just shows what bargains can be found if you look hard enough . Proper scouting and recruitment over the last 4 / 5 and this club could have really been going somewhere 

• Like 1

Personally IMO one of the best winger/strikers we've had, but unfortunately he wasn't good enough for a lot of our fans (what's new) and took some stick.

Think WBA got an excellent bargain.Would love to see him back, but don't think that's the way we should be going.

Brunt and Whelan diamonds in the muck pile. Always have my respect. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I hope you don't end up down that road again Ian, if Chansiri sells Nuhiu! 

;-)

More likely if he bloody doesn’t,....well, not sure about selling him....needs to get a shift on giving him away though

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Colin Dobson said:

Last minute winner against Barnsley at the Leppings Lane end springs to mind. Fierce free kick that brought the house down. I think it may have been our first win of the season back in the Championship? He and Whelan were the bright spots at a pretty desperate time. Turner's tenure was a disaster(loved him as a player) but he brought in some good players who helped us gain promotion under King Paul.

It wasn't a free kick...he'd tried various volleys with his left foot throughout the game which went everywhere except on goal and in the last minute a ball came to him on his right foot and, unlike a lot of footballer when things aren't going their way he didn't switch to his favoured foot he volleyed in with his weaker foot...that's when I knew he could play in a higher league

• Agree 2

Ah yes! My memory didn't serve me well there! There's nothing sweeter than a last minute winner at home though, even if he had had a few previous attempts! 

I think the phrase is 'reyt player'.

Absolutely fantastic player, shame he had to leave due to the financial situation we were in at the time. Think he could easily have gone onto be a real legend here.

• Agree 1

Not a great goalscorer - a scorer of great goals!!

Good all round footy player, came as a winger played CM and LB throughout career

On ‎16‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 01:31, ash60s said:

Not a great goalscorer - a scorer of great goals!!

Good all round footy player, came as a winger played CM and LB throughout career

My abiding memory of him was a player who could certainly shoot and deliver a good cross but he was very slow and had little or no stamina.By the 15th minute he was puffing and blowing and a face like a beetroot.Did like him though.

You watch wba and still see the amount of goals that come from his passes

On 15/04/2019 at 18:39, Colin Dobson said:

Id backed us to win 2-1 too, reyt bonus