Would you rather

You've got to go up.

Because lets face it to avoid playoff heartbreak and staying down, to still have a good season you need to finish 7th. Finishing 7th will be incredibly tiresome if you did it season after season. You've got to progress eventually... even if you come back down, enjoy the ride.

4 hours ago, TC4EVER said:

But we have not got the recourses that they have

Allegedly we have but we haven't got the balls and that's not a bad thing.

Wolves took a massive gamble and it paid off.

Had they failed they would have been fizzed but they didn't so fair play to them.

Who is to say that it will work for another team, there are no guarantees of success and certainly no second chances when you commit to go down that path.

Personally I would like to see us do it in a more risk free manner.

9 hours ago, daleblue said:

With all due respect, the aim of any Club is to get promoted, and with the FFP rules, or whatever the're called  these days, it's a must,

Clubs in this Division lose money hand over fist.

As for me I would want to see the best footballers of the world coming to Hillsborough.

I understand this view but ...its one a mate of mine takes who likes football but doesn't support anyone.   He wants Wednesday or United in the premier to "see the best players ".......I remember in the late 80s when I was a kid seeing the likes of  Liverpool and Everton rip Wednesday a new one,  that was the best players,  but fun it wasn't 

Ultimately  we've got to go for it but like the League 1 promotion seasons were way better than all but 2 or 3 of our championship ones, a championship promotion season will be the pinnacle.   The premier, if it comes will be a slog once the gloss wears off

12 hours ago, addedtime said:

I think what people strive for is that moment when you know you are promoted. That moment of sheer elation. 

Not the actual being in the division above. Let's face it, you tend to get used to whatever division you are in. 

However, Cardiff 2005 and the game against Wycombe on 2012 were proper proper highs. 

Agree with this. The journey to the prem could easily be more enjoyable than the destination. I still want to find out though. 

There's no reason why we shouldn't stay up if we get up, even though it looks like a hard job. Every team that gets there has a chance. Look at Bournemouth as an example. Small stadium, smallish fanbase but holding their own quite happily. They're watching some of the world's best players week In week out and landing punches. Why couldn't we? Or the pigs or Leeds or Norwich? 2 of those 3 minimum are gonna be up there next year. With 100million plus in their account. Why would any fan not want that? 

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Anyone not wanting this club playing at the highest level wants there lumps feeling, just ask Wolves fans.

Exactly right, clubs like Saints and Bournemouth have shown what can be achieved with the right managers and club leadership. I’d rather be a midtable prem team with international quality players, than a midtable champ team, any day of the week - especially Wednesday

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Agree with this. The journey to the prem could easily be more enjoyable than the destination. I still want to find out though. 

There's no reason why we shouldn't stay up if we get up, even though it looks like a hard job. Every team that gets there has a chance. Look at Bournemouth as an example. Small stadium, smallish fanbase but holding their own quite happily. They're watching some of the world's best players week In week out and landing punches. Why couldn't we? Or the pigs or Leeds or Norwich? 2 of those 3 minimum are gonna be up there next year. With 100million plus in their account. Why would any fan not want that? 

Bang on, survive the first season with quality recruitment and there is no reason why we couldn't be there for years. 

Leicester have made themselves a nice little berth, selling out most home games, play quality football with some very highly rated players. 

No reason at all why we couldn't follow suit. 

Of course you want to get promoted. Seems like we have an owner who'd invest and in Bruce a manager who could make us competitive. In the first season of course we'd be battling with lots of other clubs to stay up but it's not inevitable that we'd go down. If Brighton can be competitive for 2 seasons why couldn't we?!