Would you rather

Would you rather we go up to the prem.or stay in championship,cos let’s face it whoever goes up will by nature of the premier will struggle to get to 50 points,& watching the team struggle week in week out,because we all know now who is go to be at the top next season,or stay where we are & enjoy the championship for what it is,a very entertaining & unpredictable league .Just saying WAWA

4 minutes ago, TC4EVER said:

Would you rather we go up to the prem.or stay in championship,cos let’s face it whoever goes up will by nature of the premier will struggle to get to 50 points,& watching the team struggle week in week out,because we all know now who is go to be at the top next season,or stay where we are & enjoy the championship for what it is,a very entertaining & unpredictable league .Just saying WAWA

Wouldnt need 50 points to stay up in Prem 36 about the benchmark. No brainer for the future of this club we need to be in the prrmier league.

What I'd really like - but don't expect to see - is a European superleague which the top six join. Then an English domestic league with two [20?] team tiers, and relegation to regional leagues below that.

As the OP implies, life won't after the novelty has worn off be much fun in the premier league. When last we got promoted to the top division, I backed us at 80/1 to win it, and collected each way. 

if we do go up, every season the question will be will we stay up.

Not much fun at all.

You can't not want the side to win, so inevitably you are hoping for promotion. But it is hard to enthuse. 

19 minutes ago, TC4EVER said:

looking at it in a similar way, IF we get into div 2 (the old 4th' division) that would be better still.

With all due respect, the aim of any Club is to get promoted, and with the FFP rules, or whatever the're called  these days, it's a must,

Clubs in this Division lose money hand over fist.

As for me I would want to see the best footballers of the world coming to Hillsborough.

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, daleblue said:

With all due respect, the aim of any Club is to get promoted, and with the FFP rules, or whatever the're called  these days, it's a must,

Clubs in this Division lose money hand over fist.

As for me I would want to see the best footballers of the world coming to Hillsborough.

Steady on... We can't face the pigs every other week :duntmatter:

Loads of clubs have gone up looking like no hopers and have survived, some for many years, like Stoke, Wigan, Swansea and Fulham's first spell which lasted 12 years.

Every promoted club in all 4 divisions survived last season, and I think on only 2 occasions have all 3 promoted teams gone straight back down in the Premier League.

The survival rate in the Premier League for a newly promoted team is around 60%.

This will probably sound off topic, but it’s not really.

As it happens I faced a similar sort of problem many years ago when I was an owner-rider amateur jockey. My horse was regularly coming second and third in the restricted division (limited to horses that have won one race or less), but despite our joint best efforts we could never win a second race and qualify for the open division.

A top amateur jockey consoled me with this thought - ‘He’s really competitive in this division, you’re always in with a chance of winning. If you go up he might not be; it might be less fun.’

Now, this was true, in a way, but I still wanted promotion if we could get it. The whole point of racing is to try and win.

This goes for football too. Being comfortable at lower levels is not what any competitive sport is really about. You have to aim to be the best you can be; even if you fall short of your ambition, you have the satisfaction of at least having tried.

And, of course, you never know; you might not fall short. Liverpool and Man U have been in the second tier within my memory.

For owners promotion is all about the pot of gold on offer. 

For fans its about can we compete and not be humiliated every week . 

The Premier league is three separate leagues in one. 

Top six who compete for the trophies and champions league 

Middle six who wont go down but wont challenge for anything 

Bottom eight who start every season with the sole aim of staying up. 

Guest addedtime

I think what people strive for is that moment when you know you are promoted. That moment of sheer elation. 

Not the actual being in the division above. Let's face it, you tend to get used to whatever division you are in. 

However, Cardiff 2005 and the game against Wycombe on 2012 were proper proper highs. 

6 hours ago, TC4EVER said:

Anyone not wanting this club playing at the highest level wants there lumps feeling, just ask Wolves fans.