I think Reach will be sold...

Of the players we current have under contract after the summer, Reach will bring more money. Bannan had a good start to the season but his lack of goals means he will never fetch big money. Fessi has been injured off and on for the last 2 season, we need him fit and firing to get best money for him but with 12 months in contract do we cash in. £5m would be good business for a player once worth 3 times that. Joao is too inconsistent to fetch the big money, seems to play better as an impact sub.

The likes of Palmer and Westwood need tying down to 2 year deals so if we get offers we will get a decent fee but we can build a solid base at the back. Two quality centre backs are needed if Hector cannot be signed.

A fee of £10m+ for Reach I would reinvest a little on Aaron's who with a full pre-season will be that pacey winger we have been crying out for and used the rest to cover the fact the club is run so badly.

I would also offload Bannan for the right price, Powell is as good now and will only get better. Powell could be the heart of our midfield for the next 5 years. 

The big issue is then who plays with him.

Sometimes you have to take a step back to eventually take two steps forward. 

There is nothing wrong with selling one of your better players if it allowed you to bring in two, three new additions to revitalise the squad. 

I really like Adam Reach and the lad is clearly a manager's dream, but we are not in a position where we can dismiss the prospect of selling one of our better players. 

Truth be told, it's about time we got into the habit of doing so. 

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

8 goals 7 assists? It’s not groundbreaking, is it. If he’s one of the best in the league (which is what a lot of people are saying) then surely his figures should double that 

not all about stats though is it, is he reliable in other areas of the field? Neshs challenges like there’s no tomorrow 

please don’t mistake this as me saying he’s no good, he’s just definitely sellable 

He trying to model himself on other players who couldn't wouldn't didn't need to tackle ..

Nothing wrong with that at all ....

57e254835e7e2efd94000001.jpg.72e8ec7b6b556a20088a5c514cca2148.jpg952705.thumb.jpg.80ad35c4bf0b27f90b745453fb2e41bc.jpg25676F3E00000578-0-image-a-66_1543709219444.jpg.6e395996c95968140879f7ab5ba2b7e2.jpg

BUT

He's got a long long journey ahead of him ..

We don't have time in this league for luxuries anymore 

Reach is a luxury we can no longer afford ...

• Like 2

Ah,so we get rid of a player who gets assists and goals and plays 50 games a season,and is probably on say 25k and replace him with another player who can do the same,of which the list of better in the championship wouldn't actually cost anything like we can afford,or buy two average players on 15 k a year to replace him, but don't manage to play enough games or make or score enough goals.can't see Brucie going for that one.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

You don’t go out of your way to sell your best players, so unless there’s a big offer comes in for him you’d want him to stay.

However, all players have a price so if silly money was offered then you’d take it and reinvest in the team. We aren’t going to be offering him around.. it’s only if there was an 8 figure bid from a prem club that he’d go.

We need to buy younger players with resale value and then offload some of them if big offers are made when they’re at their peak, and then repeat the process. I’d imagine we’ve had big offers for Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Forestieri and possibly others in the last 3-4 years and we should have taken some of those. But now that they’re a bit older, their value to the club exceeds their financial value you’d get from selling them so we might as well keep them all until they no longer add anything to the first team

4 hours ago, hodgybysea said:

Well chaps and chapesses,for all those who think bazza and Adam Reach are the ones to go,they are the top two of our players of assist in the Championship,and public owl enemy No1,is actually our third player in assist.Yeah lets get rid.

4 hours ago, hodgybysea said:

Ah,so we get rid of a player who gets assists and goals and plays 50 games a season,and is probably on say 25k and replace him with another player who can do the same,of which the list of better in the championship wouldn't actually cost anything like we can afford,or buy two average players on 15 k a year to replace him, but don't manage to play enough games or make or score enough goals.can't see Brucie going for that one.

4 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

You don’t go out of your way to sell your best players, so unless there’s a big offer comes in for him you’d want him to stay.

However, all players have a price so if silly money was offered then you’d take it and reinvest in the team. We aren’t going to be offering him around.. it’s only if there was an 8 figure bid from a prem club that he’d go.

We need to buy younger players with resale value and then offload some of them if big offers are made when they’re at their peak, and then repeat the process. I’d imagine we’ve had big offers for Westwood, Lees, Bannan, Forestieri and possibly others in the last 3-4 years and we should have taken some of those. But now that they’re a bit older, their value to the club exceeds their financial value you’d get from selling them so we might as well keep them all until they no longer add anything to the first team

Fvvck me! Have full stops been banned or something? 

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

Sometimes you have to take a step back to eventually take two steps forward. 

There is nothing wrong with selling one of your better players if it allowed you to bring in two, three new additions to revitalise the squad. 

I really like Adam Reach and the lad is clearly a manager's dream, but we are not in a position where we can dismiss the prospect of selling one of our better players. 

Truth be told, it's about time we got into the habit of doing so. 

To right, it pains me to say it but other teams like the grunters and Peterborough use this system to good effect selling players at huge profits.

It's about time we did the same.

Nothing wrong with selling Players, so long as their replacements are better.  So, who's better than Reach, whom will sign with Wednesday?  Can the "new guy" run the whole season, because Reach does, box-to-box, and he might be required to play left, right, or center.  Reach is not considered to be a tough guy, but he's never injured, even though he fights in the trenches.  

Do not give Reach a shot on goal, especially from 20-30 yards.

We're partly in the position we are because we DON'T capitalise on selling players when the market value is in our favour. We are going to have to do it at some point and at present Reach appears to be our most saleable asset in terms of getting a return to help balance the books. Selling Forestieri now will probably only get us 3-5 million but 5-8 million for Reach.

If we could recoup 12 million for selling Reach and Forestieri then that would go a long way to keeping the wolf from our door. With the wages saved elsewhere too we could be in a strong position with shrewd acquisitions in the Summer. We could top it up too by maybe getting a million or two here and there by selling Winnall, Nuhiu and Fox.

Guest Bulgaria

Don't get the spunk fest at all with Reach. Yeah he is ok, but the fact so many would be prepared to see him go for a decent fee says it all.

Sell, reach, fessi, and bannan 

Midfield needs a proper shake up, we create too few chances.

Out of the strikers, sell João and release hooper. 

Get Rhodes back and get Winnall firing.

Easy this management lark 

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

Don't get the spunk fest at all with Reach. Yeah he is ok, but the fact so many would be prepared to see him go for a decent fee says it all.

Sell, reach, fessi, and bannan 

Midfield needs a proper shake up, we create too few chances.

Out of the strikers, sell João and release hooper. 

Get Rhodes back and get Winnall firing.

Easy this management lark 

No it doesn’t. People understand that he is our most saleable asset that’s all. 

I can’t really predict what will happen this summer...we do have a lot of dead wood to sift through though. Are we all thinking that Jordan Rhodes will go? Joao? Matias? Abdi? Fox? There are a good many we could ship out...if the chairman decides we are a selling club suddenly.

10 minutes ago, sternlad said:

I can’t really predict what will happen this summer...we do have a lot of dead wood to sift through though. Are we all thinking that Jordan Rhodes will go? Joao? Matias? Abdi? Fox? There are a good many we could ship out...if the chairman decides we are a selling club suddenly.

I think Bruce will convince the chairman that we need to sell to progress - in fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr C has already relinquished player retainment and recruitment to Steve Bruce. Bruce isn’t a “Yes” Man and has already stated that he is the manager and not a coach thus implying that he has a great scope and responsibility for the playing side of the club than the last two managers had. Mr C would be a fool not to allow our manager to weave his player recruitment “magic” in the way that he has at every other club he has managed.  

13 hours ago, hodgybysea said:

It's not about Bruce going for it.

It may be a necessity to sell him.

If we can put the money towards 3 good players to improve us then great.